• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Learning curve

Hello,
You're advised to save your energy. a 50% water change 2X-3X per week for the first month or so is all that is necessary. It won't hurt to do this more frequently but water changes get seriously boring very quickly.

Cheers,

Hello,
You're advised to save your energy. a 50% water change 2X-3X per week for the first month or so is all that is necessary. It won't hurt to do this more frequently but water changes get seriously boring very quickly.

Cheers,

I see... 2 to 3x of water change per week sounds good to me. I prefer to do that than daily water changes. Thank you for the advise. (^.^)

I see... 2 to 3x of water change per week sounds good to me. I prefer to do that than daily water changes. Thank you for the advise. (^.^)
Also remember that water changes in a planted tank is a more than just replacing the water. One of the more important features is to clean the surface of the plant leaves of slime dirt and debris, and that allows the plants to breathe with much more efficiency. See the bottom half of this post (the thread deals with an unrelated subject but I discussed the water change in that particular post)
http://ukaps.org/forum/threads/algae-problems-help-please.6331/page-2#post-72428

Cheers,

Thanks for attaching the thread Clive.

Last edited:
Third day update:

Tank's h20 has finally gone clearer.
uraqyvyr.jpg

y6u7ajuv.jpg

ery8udez.jpg

Micranthemum Monte Carlo
agyve5uq.jpg

Spiky moss
pedu9aha.jpg

Anubias nana bonsai
ete5eqyn.jpg

Alternathera reineckii mini
yha5usu8.jpg

Staurogyne repens
menuputa.jpg

Ludwigia palustris red
aqepymur.jpg

Lime green colour that I always try to attain prior to lights on.
dujasy2e.jpg

UP Acrylic CO2 Aquarium Diffuser.
rugubehe.jpg

Under the cabinet light has been installed for easy maintenance.
eny4u9un.jpg

Plugs have also been labelled so I won't get confused during maintenance.
u2u9uhu3.jpg

Then my tools have been organised as well.
usasatug.jpg

That's all for today. :)

Last edited:
Looking extremely organised and putting many of us to shame lol...
The only thing I would change is to mount the plug sockets up high in your cabinet to allow a drip loop in your cables and to get them out the way for when you are doing filter maintenance. You don't want any water getting in there!

Looking extremely organised and putting many of us to shame lol...
The only thing I would change is to mount the plug sockets up high in your cabinet to allow a drip loop in your cables and to get them out the way for when you are doing filter maintenance. You don't want any water getting in there!

Sounds like a good plan. I'll look into it and see where the best place is for mounting the plug sockets. ;)

Last edited:
I also managed to mount the plug sockets high up as advised by Lindy which I think is better.

b3e884851f79e310e23f40b168fee84b.jpg

I also bought a ph pen to help me in balancing the co2 in my tank as I'm trying to get a drop of 1 prior to lights on and throughout the photoperiod. This is a real challenge at the mo.

Back