• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Solenoid gone?

Brian Murphy

I purchased a single stage/2 gauge regulator with solenoid of you probably less than a year ago and today it started to make a buzzing sound but by moving it a little it would stop but later this evening it got really loud and then noticed that even when I unplugged the power the Co2 was still going. I presume the solenoid has stopped working?

Tighten up the nut on the end of the shaft that goes through the solenoid. Even after the gas has shut off, the pressure that has built up in the lines will still force gas through for some time.

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear this.

If above suggestion didn't help.

This could be due loose spring or dirt inside solenoid. If you feeling comfortable with basic DIY you could perform below steps. Alternatively send email to support@co2art.co.uk and we arrange repair for you.

Please follow below steps to fix it:

- Disconnect regulator from the cylinder,
- release all gas from the regulator
- remove electric coil from solenoid
- unscrew two small screws from the bottom of solenoid
- inside you will find spring, and piston, please make sure at the end piston is clean
- stretch spring so it will be around 0.5cm longer
- assemble everything back together
- make sure all connections are tight as originally
- test it

Let us know if this solved your problem.

Tighten up the nut on the end of the shaft that goes through the solenoid. Even after the gas has shut off, the pressure that has built up in the lines will still force gas through for some time.

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear this.

If above suggestion didn't help.

This could be due loose spring or dirt inside solenoid. If you feeling comfortable with basic DIY you could perform below steps. Alternatively send email to support@co2art.co.uk and we arrange repair for you.

Please follow below steps to fix it:

- Disconnect regulator from the cylinder,
- release all gas from the regulator
- remove electric coil from solenoid
- unscrew two small screws from the bottom of solenoid
- inside you will find spring, and piston, please make sure at the end piston is clean
- stretch spring so it will be around 0.5cm longer
- assemble everything back together
- make sure all connections are tight as originally
- test it

Let us know if this solved your problem.
I did this and took most of it apart but didn't take the spring out so will try that now. I have already put in an order with yourselves for a new dual stage regulator. If I can't fix it myself I wouldn't mind getting it fixed as you can never have too many regulators :)

Did you leave it for 10 mins off Brian? So the pressure could disperse? Mine keeps going for a while after I turn it off.
Yeah 2 days lol[DOUBLEPOST=1408630393][/DOUBLEPOST]I received my new regulator this morning (thanks for the quick delivery), however, the little needle valve seems bent during transit as you can see from pic
20140821_142850_zpsd3ivzdl4.jpg

Last edited:
Bummer, bloody postie. i'm sure karol will sort it. At least its the easiest part to change and you don't need to worry about sealing it when you get the replacement because theres a rubber washer between the valve and the fitting thats screwed into the solenoid

I have it all rigged up and it seems to be working ok for now

Hello,

I'm sorry for this! SMC are very precise, but also very delicate.
Replacement is already in post, should be with you tomorrow.
Just unscrew old one with spanner 8 and attach new one. As Andy mentioned it comes with o-ring so no need for tapes or glue.

Let us know if you have any problems installing it.

Back