• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Review: ND Aquatics

Crossocheilus

On Friday I ordered my tank and cabinet from ND after a long process of me asking a million and one questions and Carolyn being VERY helpful (and patient). The amazing thing is that my tank will be delivered Thursdays next week! This is because they happened to already have the glass cut, but still they are building and delivering a tank in under 1 week.

I have ordered:
90 x 45 x 45cm rimless bracless optiwhite tank
90 x 75 x 45cm cabinet in metalic grey BUT I found if you ask they can make the scabdinavian style flush on all sides with the glass.

All this for £474 delivered.

I will update this once the tank has been delivered.

I just hope its good! It seems like plenty of people would recommend them, the only thing that could be not great is the silicone, not as discreet as say ADA or NA. But for this price I'm happy. Anyway this is all speculation I will see what its like when it arrives!

With the silicone, I've heard people mentioning that they are going to need to scrape off some silicone, I assume this is excess from outside of the tank rather than the silicone inside the tank that goes diagonally across the join?[DOUBLEPOST=1408826472][/DOUBLEPOST]
excellent prices and good service.

I completely agree with this, I've saved nearly £200 off a tank and cabinet delivered from TGM and so if there is a bit more silicone I'm sure I'll manage.

Just checked tgm ada prices and it would have been £509 just for the tank. Maybe one day...

Last edited:
c79be1c5cb61b4bc214efdf308438f95.jpg

This is the pic from ND Aquatics website and shows the silicone work ( how accurate this is I don't know) but looking at where the silicone on the float glass is in front of the black silicone you can see the extent of it. On my current tank from MA's seashell range, the silicone has gone kinda white ish, whereas in this pic it is absolutely clear; thoughts?

Cool thanks Andy I just wanted to check, thanks for clarifying. I think that looks fine, I don't mind a bit of silicone.

Do you still have the tank and cabinet? Thinking of placing an order for the cabinet and just wondering how has it weathered since 2014.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi Henry,
The tank and stand are still in use, the cabinet is generally in great shape. There has been slight swelling from some joins in the (melamine?) covering due to them getting wet. Obviously with more careful use this would not be a problem. They do also silicone seal the inside base of the cabinet so leaks from a filter etc won't cause swelling.

There has been slight swelling from some joins in the (melamine?) covering due to them getting wet. Obviously with more careful use this would not be a problem.

Same here on mine on the hood, due to being sloppy when trimming plants, cleaning bits of floaters out then leaving them on the mid bracing piece. Easy enough to change if /when it becomes an issue. All my fault.

It's up its up
Thanks for posting the video, cabinet is perfect and for that money it's a no brainer really.

Your tank is looking amazing by the way. (As usual)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My first tank was an older ND marine square with overflow box and sump. I ran my planted tank with it for two years. Loved the black thick silicone as it was very well done. Almost machine like. If I could afford a brand new one (but bigger), I wouldn't even bother to look what other manufacturers were offering.

Back