• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

British Pond Tank

Hi All,

Im sure someone at some point has come up with the same idea but the more I look at peoples garden ponds the more I start to wonder how possible it is to create an aquascape created with common garden pond plants found in the UK.

I was thinking of wood and rock beneath the water with plants like hairgrass and valisneria, tightly pruned lillies that may flower at the surface and perhaps the reed type plants that look like thin bamboo?? Whilst keeping my tropical fish and shrimp.

All in all something that looks a little like this but "pondy".Is it possible or is my imagination making it look better than it would turn out?

1_Wabi-kusa.jpg

Don't see why not, it's just like a mini pond but with glass sides. There are a lot of marginals to choose from, particularly if you could slop the back right up to have some very shallow areas. It summer they cope with almost tropical temperatures.

have thought about a pond with a glass side for viewing
So did i, so did i.
In fact i knew a guy who was absolutely briljant in creating biotope aquaria (not very good at the business side of the shop sadly). For a very rich client he crated a Vietnamese river biotope in a pond which bordered the cellar. In the cellar there where large windows looking into the pond. I've only seen pictures of it but they where amazing. Been trying to find them on the internet (what is on the internet stays on the internet, but i guess it was just a bit to long ago).

Back