• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deleted thread

I would add stem plants at the rear, perhaps with a red plant to the right and a carpeting plant to the front

Agreed, need to get rid of those giant leaves, use some thick bushy stem plants to hide the heater instead. Something like Rotala Rotundifolia should do the job, may need to dose carbon.

I'd get rid of the rock nearest on the left, it doesn't need to be there.. I'm liking the pine cones, not something you see every day but I think I'd lose those as well.

I think you need to buy more plants for the carpet as everything is looking a bit sparse, else you'll be waiting a long time for it to have that 'grown in' look.

That wood'll look good when the moss grows in,maybe some Narrow leaved Microsorum, directly behind it, with the Vallis (hard or soft water?), that's been suggested,behind that.
Personally, i'd be keeping the Alder cones......

edit:If you're keen on keeping the front stone, maybe rotate it 45° so it leads the eye towards the centre?
Personally i've done quite well planting small crypts in close groups, rather than spreading them out.

Last edited:
Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
I've grown Rotala low tech, and currently got lilaeopsis brasiliensis as a carpet.
There's always Val Nana.Not sure how high that gets though.

Deleted

Rotala Rotundifolia is the only stem that I can grow well in mine, so I'd say worth a go. I've also recently added Lilaeopsis mauritiana, which I think is meant to be happy with slightly less light than Lilaeopsis brasiliensis - I really like the look of it.

Deleted

Deleted

Much better. I think it will look awesome with a big green bushy background of plants.

Deleted

Looks great and it will look much better when grown. I would only remove the rock on the foreground. The ones under and around the wood look natural, well positioned... Alder cones, leaves and carpeting plants are perfect to fill the foreground and the space around the wood

Jordi

Deleted

Back