• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New to the forum

Bhu

Hello

Found this lovely looking forum and joined to read and post

I've been keeping aquariums for nearly 40 years mostly for the fish but in planted aquariums. The hobby has come a long way from under gravel filters, separate heater thermostat combinations and pea gravel ;)

I hope to keep healthier plants with the help of this forum.

Hope to chat soon with some of you in the posts

Best wishes

Bhu

Thanks everyone. It's good to be with like minded people. There's always more to learn from others experience...

Ha ha already learnt that ;) I need to learn how to use a co2 regulator with a bubble counter attached going through a diffuser inline with my output from a canister fed from a 2kg bottle, without blowing myself up or killing all my fish ;)
Never set one up or used one before but it's all arriving in the next few days. Also have a co2 checker thingy made from glass to add to the aquarium without getting the liquid in there ;) all new to me!

Put the CO2 stuff together is pretty straight forward, it's getting it to the point that it will help to grow plants is the tricky part. It isn't just adding CO2 to your tank, it is also getting it to all your plants and creating the lights in such way that plants like to grow but not so much that they would need more CO2 (and other nutrience) than available.
Don't get to much light and/or to long light period at first, plant really don't need that much light, get a good flow all around your tank (10x rule) and start pumping CO2 to get the pH / KH ratio as close as you like it as possible.

Back