• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cliff of Spirits

Really great tank and wonderfull pictures! Did you mention something about your camera/lens/settings and technique for shooting those pics? I think i missed it.. :p

Hey guys!

I'm not ready to do changes for now but i have been researching about Utricularia grammifolia and i'm just curious to try it due to really nice and compact look.

Since i dont want to do any changes in the harscape, do you think UG will be a good choice to replace sp mini or sp mini and blyxas?

I have been reading some reports that UG is a very hard plant and others saying the exact opposite! Does anyone that had it, could give me some feedbak? Do i have the necessary conditions in this tank to make it spread out?

Best regards

Hi João,
I've tried UG from tropica a few weeks ago.
For replacing sp. mini i belive it works but blyxas can be much large, i believe.
My experience is very funny, i washed and planted the UG, as shown in a video tutorial.:bookworm:
In the next day i was unable to see any of them! Just some balls of snails and shrimps eating the UG! :banghead:
There were almost nothing left, just a few small leaves floating in the tank! I let them for 2 weeks...
After that time, snails and shrimps stopped bugging the rest of the UG, and i replanted that very small leaves...
And now is growing as a normal plant.
I suspect 2 things:
- the immersed state in which is sold,
- the gel must be very tasty also, should be very well cleaned (can anyone confirm this?)
Try to speak with Miguel Reis (aquariofilia.pt) he have done UG twice with success (he says is not a difficult plant, no more than the plants that you have).
Very nice pictures,
cheers

Hey guys!

I already tried UG...and it melted completely in one week! I planted it in the are where it was sp. mini but it simply disappeared! Rui Alves from Aquaeden told me that the gel was really tasty and if it wasn't well cleaned, amano shrimps and sakuras will feast on it! I cleaned it very well but just after 24 hours, there were some pale green leafs swimming around in the tank! :\

Since i will move from town next month, this tank will be disassembled...still don't know if permanently (thinking in IAPLC 2015) or assembled again in a new optiwhite tank! :)

Let's see what happens in the next weeks...

Btw, here is the result of my 1st participation in a aquascaping contest:

33jk11g.jpg

One enormous thank you for Rui Alves from Aquaeden and Pedro Rosa for all the help and knowledge that i gladly received! :D

Cheers

Back