• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dan and Andy's crypt

tesa5a8y.jpg

erequ9ur.jpg

u9ane3ud.jpg

unugypuz.jpg

8ebabuhu.jpg

equ3e4yz.jpg

azyganed.jpg

Pulled a large clump of Christmas moss out today that's divided into to 2 lots and on its way to its new owners also trimmed a lot of hydro out trimmed all the longer stems back a bit of pruning and 15 litre water change a selection of stems and a good portion of hydro on its way to Ryan waters a little cloudy from the disturbance but should soon clear I can sit back and enjoy watching my crypts wafting in the flow now won't be long before I'm pulling another bucketful of plants out of here.
I think the fissidans moss will be getting a trim shortly and tied onto a few other limbs of the wood now I can see it again
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not done much with this tank for a while growth is good and fast no change on the lighting or co2 still dosing ferts and liquid carbon water changes are down to a couple of buckets a month and topping up every two or three days only problem I have is snails there's lots I spend a hour or so a week just plucking them out but i can never eradicate them all the two assassins snails died in this tank why I don't know.
Anyway today's I've pulled a lot of stems out changed a couple of buckets of water and taken some FTS before and after excuse the pictures I'm still getting my head round my new camera.
Before
ru4e5aga.jpg

yhyga4az.jpg

eqasyvy9.jpg

4y2avyba.jpg

usunyse2.jpg

8unyqyze.jpg

And after I've been in with the shears

y6a8ugu2.jpg

9ehe5yna.jpg

qa8eza5u.jpg

zynaqedy.jpg

a8equsu6.jpg

uja5uvu8.jpg

I'm thinking Staurogyne in the front exposing that branch and spreading out the fissedens along it the plant on the left is very slow growing but I'll keep a eye on it I've pulled most of that ammania it was getting stringy and the red stems have all but gone to again very stringy would have been nice if I could have kept it bushed up and not as tall

A couple more months have nearly passed a few little changes have been made thinned out a few stems removed the hydro and the two large plants from each corner they never recovered from the major trim back in September the fissedens is growing like crazy and a huge clump came adrift and reattached part of itself to the filter intake I like it there so left it the rest is clinging onto the tank brace it seems happy but I'm having to keep the water a little higher than I like to support it anybody wanting some let me know and I'll post it out a donation to ukaps is all I ask.
As for the crypts very a little scary they dominate this tank now and are expanding at a rapid rate I keep spotting new lances popping up all over the place I'm nearly sure I could lift the substrate out in one piece if I was to pull the original plant up !
Anyway a few update pics

Dan

cdb0d8c5562972172e27ceece686f735.jpg
761bf61351c0d825e0fabc0130cfcdd8.jpg
db7f9e56683b6be0ab9f74b41158d955.jpg
4ddf7dbc65773e2ddbd8748a787eae76.jpg
35b9f65bf9baea72a14d73ca2f50c5b3.jpg
6b7afdc9e5454250fa9d11354f0542b7.jpg
e48383ab00288b71a6e34ec1d4e6ad54.jpg
f951722ddf7e9866e2e002d91b972556.jpg
e9aa21c022a8d7f168b96478e7d7b0c1.jpg

Last edited:
I always like tanks like this rather then generic aquascapes filled with one plant and a rock , much more exciting and also the plants look very healthy :)

Will post some pictures and a update on this tank at the weekend it's still going strong however it's just a mass of moss and crypts and in need of some serious thinning out there will be lots of moss and crypts up for grabs shortly

Back