• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LFS rescape

I was fortuned to be able to rescape a tank in my favorite LFS. The size is a bit strange (150x40x30...yes, only 30 cm front to back) but I liked it.
DSC00228_zps39371ec1.jpg

first stone going in (sorry for that sexy shirt, but it's still above 30 degrees here)

DSC00232_zpsf821921f.jpg

a few more and some wood

DSC00242_zps8994073f.jpg

hardscape ready

DSC00250_zpse8576e91.jpg

playing with sand

DSC00259_zps631ddffc.jpg

front view

DSC00293_zpsdafabd8e.jpg

planting it up

DSC00308_zpsd07365a3.jpg

with this as result

No lights yet, they will come tomorrow. Hope you guys and girls like it so far.

Last edited:
I am going tomorrow to have a look how the lights are and I try to make a side view picture, which will be difficult cause there are other tanks placed left and right.

I'm interested to see not the side view itself but how you managed to use such limited space 30 cm to create such nice hardscape. View from the top when you stay close to one side might help.
Recently I've started to understand that depth planning is very important, as other aspects like golden ratio and so on. So now I'm eager to see how you guys make your beautiful hardscapes.

Looking good. Look forward to more pics. Where in China is this? SZ?

They've got some nice hardscape materials in China.
Yes indeed they do have.
yestheydo_zps001d3356.jpg

Today still no lights...so we were playing around with some light that were from other tanks and tried a white back (I think I like the black one better).
2014-09-101339_zps0be43d2c.jpg

For Alexander some pictures from above (not great shots, but maybe it helps.....
2014-09-10130001_zps691fcaeb.jpg

2014-09-10125925_zpsd6eb2eee.jpg

Looking good. Look forward to more pics. Where in China is this? SZ?
Right on the money...Shenzhen indeed....
Been there?

Last edited:
Looks great Martin.

I'm off to Beijing in February, I don't fancy the sub zero temperatures so I only agreed to go if I could visit the Aquarium 'District'. Last night my wife was happy to tell me they would be closed for the Spring Festival :facepalm:, I might be lucky though.

Wow that's a lovely loooong looking tank

A true 'Lowrider'

I'm off to Beijing in February, I don't fancy the sub zero temperatures so I only agreed to go if I could visit the Aquarium 'District'. Last night my wife was happy to tell me they would be closed for the Spring Festival , I might be lucky though.
Yep...mostly everything will be closed...if not, take some pictures

Martin, thank you for the picture.
I think your white background need a dedicated light unit. Right now it's not enough illuminated and therefore grey rather than white.
Put one tube between back glass and background and you'll get better result.
But I think using black bg is simpler solution.

Back