• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UKAPS Secret Santa 2008

I was thinking it would be a nice idea to do a UKAPS Secret Santa this year. I'm willing to oganise it. :)

I know it's a bit early but I thought it would give everyone a chance to put their name down and get everything soted.

Basically, how it could work is:

- If your interested, put your name down here. I will then add you to the list below.
- I'll leave it until 3rd November saying it's too late to participate, but this should be plenty of time. I'll then PM everyone who's interested, asking for their address and maybe a clue as to what they would like. Let's put a limit on the amount you can spend on your secret santa - £5 (not including postage). This makes it fair, but then if you are sending plants or stuff that you already have then this doesn't matter too much.
- I'll then pick names out of a hat and PM each of you telling you who your secret santa is, the clue's that they may have provided as to what they would like and their address. Keep it a secret!
- It's then up to you to sort out a 'present' for your secret santa. It could be a selection of plants that they are after/that you could spare, shrimp, a bit of hardscape that you have lying around and you think they could benefit from, an Aqua Esentials gift voucher - anything. That's just a few suggestions, I'm sure you can think of something much better.
- I'll then set a date by which you have to get your 'presents' together by and then sent them off.

I think it'll be fun. :D

Let's assume that you cannot participate after 3rd November.

So here's the list of people who are interested in participating:

aaronnorth
Dan Crawford
Egmel
Garuf
hellohefalump
Lozbug
sari
shaz3271
SteveUK
Themuleous
Thomas McMillan

I like it mate, good idea. I'm happy to do it (receive and send a present, not organise it :lol: ). I have plenty of stuff i can spare, in fact my house is starting to look like TGM! :lol:

Great idea... unfortunately I am going to pass as I am on holiday at the time (I'm in Peru for 1 month including Xmas and New Year, I can't wait :) )

I'll try to make it so that everyone posts out about 10th December but I know how hectic Christmas time can be for some people!

So the list now stands as above. (I'm not sure if that's a yes from LondonDragon and SteveUK?)

^ Yeah, I'll give everyone a chance to specify if there's anything specific they're wising for this christmas (lol) or anything that they'd rather not get, no worries.

More people are welcome!

count me in.

might need to PM me to let me know whats what - im working away a lot at the moment so only able to log on once week ish.... if thats gonna cuase issue, then i'll sit it out.

you decide.

Don't worry about that, Lozbug I'll PM everyone when it's all sorted. I'll always give a week or two before 'the next stage' sort of thing.

Thomas McMillan said:
Come on guys, there must be a lot more of you that are interested!
Oh go-on then, count me in. ;)

*edit* it could be that the lack of interest is because this is in events rather than a more frequented part of the forum such as general discussions?

Egmel said:
Thomas McMillan said:
Come on guys, there must be a lot more of you that are interested!
Oh go-on then, count me in. ;)

*edit* it could be that the lack of interest is because this is in events rather than a more frequented part of the forum such as general discussions?

I dunno, I just thought it would be best to put it in the Events forum as it's kind of an event. If a mod wants to move it to General then they are more than welcome to though.

Come on guys, everyone is welcome and we need more people. There must be more of you that want to participate!

Back