• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Project DIY ADA Style Aquarium Stand

Thanks chaps :) Got to say the colour in the flesh is awesome, Dulux Bowler Hat. My missus is keen for me to build 'something else' now :D I quite fancy it to be honest!

Hate the mdf though so dusty while sanding think lost a few years of life with that on lungs lol next time will do it in garage at mothers house as I dont have 1 lol

But they do look awsome and arnt to bad to build

Hate the mdf though so dusty while sanding think lost a few years of life with that on lungs lol next time will do it in garage at mothers house as I dont have 1 lol

It's well worth tadging the vacuum cleaner hose up to a palm sander Deano if it has the connection for it, saves getting the dust everywhere. Never bothered before I made this but will def use all the time on future projects ;)

I was asked to alter the drawings to fit a 45P so here they are.......

ADA45_P_1.jpg

ADA45_P_2.jpg

Note. Please recheck all the measurements before cutting :crazy:
James what software do you use to make the plans? Sketchup? Could you share files if skp?

Rini, are you not concerned about the middle board missing? How big tank are you planning? Have you tried sitting/standing on top? It shoulsupport 150-200kg. No?

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean with "middle board"...? But there is already a tank on top of it for more than 2 years. So I suppose I don't miss a "middle board" ;)

The tank on top is 80x45x45 cm.

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean with "middle board"...? But there is already a tank on top of it for more than 2 years. So I suppose I don't miss a "middle board" ;)

The tank on top is 80x45x45 cm.
What I mean is that 2 door cabinets 90cm or more in width usually have a middle, vertical board to undersupport the middle of the cabinet.
However it also depends on the material used? What is your cabinet made of? MDF or some strong pine? Do you have a picture of the inside, as it is now?

Hi TallDragon

I used CorelDraw to do the drawings, I'd be happy to send them to you, I dunno what skp is but I can save them in a variety of formats. What size cabinet are you planning to make?

What I mean is that 2 door cabinets 90cm or more in width usually have a middle, vertical board to undersupport the middle of the cabinet.
However it also depends on the material used? What is your cabinet made of? MDF or some strong pine? Do you have a picture of the inside, as it is now?

Cabinet is made out of MDF. Very strong, so no need for middle board.
No I don't have any recent pictures. What would you like to see?

Hi TallDragon

I used CorelDraw to do the drawings, I'd be happy to send them to you, I dunno what skp is but I can save them in a variety of formats. What size cabinet are you planning to make?
Hi James, Sketchup is a really easy free 3D modeling tool I use. I am considering building a 90cm wide 90tall WxDxH cabinet for a 60x30x45 tank.. What is a practical depth which would make maintenance and placement of kit easy?

Hi TallDragon

Hi, James, could you please send me the drawings too? I'm planning to draw a cabinet for a W45×D30×H30 tank.

Hi Marcio

The last set of drawings I did was for an ADA 45P, I think your tank is a bit deeper so I'll adjust them for you. (Hopefully tomorrow).

:)

Pah, fancy plans are soooo yesterday, get yer pens and paper out
But would you ever risk take your iPad or (PC) into your garage to follow the plans. Paper, pencil and rubber every time for me.

But would you ever risk take your iPad or (PC) into your garage to follow the plans. Paper, pencil and rubber every time for me.

I'd print it out mate ;)

Sorry Marcio, just to be clear, is your tank a 45P or is it W45×D30×H30?

Cheers

James

Back