• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Diatoms problem

id_darren

I cannot get rid of the diatoms. This is a new set up , with co2 through a reactor and ei dosing.I think I have good flow but I was overfeeding.I will remove plants and fish from the tank and overdose the algea with hydrogen peroxide.It will dissolve after 24 hrs.how much do you suggest for a lethal dose with only hardscape and substrate in place ?I know that it will return if do not reduce phosphates or do not find the right balance , but I want to start new and algea is growing faster then the ottos can handle.

How deep is the tank?
The arcadia stretch leds ar deceprively bright.
I thought mine wasnt bright enough so i bought another equivilent product to add and it was far too much for my needs.

50 cms deep. I was thinking more , medium to high lighting. I think that one led tube , is not going to cover all the tank.

Last edited:
I will bring 4 of them , next week. Any advice on H2O2 ?

Hi there ....

Seriosly remove plants and life stock after that nuke the tank ????
Sorry but that doesn't solve anything. You have to find the core of the problem ans fix it ...
Diatoms are normal in new setup, however I think you have too much light and that's your problem.

Try reduce the light by 25-50% for couple of weeks.

Vazz

Also 10 hours of light is too much as well ... 6-8 max

Back