• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Quickest and easiest way to cycle tank

Gonna buy seachem prime soon. I said earlier that goldie has ich, well its worse. Hes got loads more spost but the ones on his body you can only see from an angle

Gonna buy seachem prime soon. I said earlier that goldie has ich, well its worse. Hes got loads more spost but the ones on his body you can only see from an angle
if hes in tap water and your not decolrinating it hes in big trouble and the tank will not cycle water changes will make it worse since you will keep adding cloromines

yes sound like ick theirs a good guide to identification and treatment on cichlid forum.com give it a read and follow advice. ich often presents during cycling so it may well be
'understanding and treating ich and white spot'

I see from the 1st post that the ich is being treated, can I ask how? Thankfully I haven't had any cases in a long time, but when I did, I found commercially available treatments to work pretty fast at clearing it. Also the goldfish is in effect going through a fish in cycle right? Still doing big daily water changes?

Im treating it with rock salt. Im going to ask my friend if i can borrow some of his filter but he has tropucal fish, is this ok for my goldfish

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

How woukd i get the parasites out of the filtrr and gravel if they fall off thr fish

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The white spot medications usually target the white spot at one phase of their lifecycle. Apply according to instructions and it will kill any white spot in that part of the cycle. It should remain in water long enough such that all the white spot will cycle through and be eliminated. The complication here is if you also need to do big water changes due to not having a cycled filter. Thus you may need a top up dose to remove any taken out by the change water.

Back