• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Optiwhite scratches

pepedopolous

Grrr,

My NA 125 litre aquarium is just over 1 year old and already I've noticed a few scratches around the waterline.

I think I've been quite careful about cleaning the class, using a sponge and JBL Bioclean sprayed liberally. I don't get much limescale as the water GH is only 2-3.

Since I noticed the scratches I've only used kitchen roll but you know, the more I look, the more scratches I start to notice.

How bad are they? Most are quite short, and don't really show if the water level is above them. However, I'm now not very hopeful that this aquarium will be presentable in a few years time.

So I'm wondering what the experienced UKAPS folks think about how long an optiwhite or equivalent aquarium should stand up to wear and tear, and also just how careful must one be about scratches.

P

Bad luck.very frustrating.
I have one a little older, and so far no scratches.
Very cautious when cleaning, so from day one i decided to treat it like i do with all my tanks. No magnetic type cleaners.

Instead, i use either, a razor blade in a glass cleaner, or the Tetra one with replacement stainless steel blades.
So far it has worked for me.

Yes annoying, previous owner scratched mine probably doing similar. when I collected my optiwhite it had a vase a bridge and multi coloured gravel still on the bottom so I imagine they knew very little about not picking gravel up when cleaning glass. :D we use a long handled glass cleaning tool with the double edged razor blades and I'm yet to scratch a tank with it, I tend to use my hand to clean with most of the time as I'm ocd which mean theres never much build up on the glass.:)

Back