• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Project DIY ADA Style Aquarium Stand

Pah, fancy plans are soooo yesterday, get yer pens and paper out :D

cabinetplans_zpsb6501163.jpg

:)

My plans looked a bit like that except my cutting plan was on the back and they only got as far as the timber merchant. then i built it from memory so no need for printing or risking damage to the ipad in the garage

I'd print it out mate ;)

Sorry Marcio, just to be clear, is your tank a 45P or is it W45×D30×H30?

Cheers

James

James, its a w45xD30xH30. Thanks.
ATTACH]

25q5a8g.png

Attachments

• 25q5a8g.png
    25q5a8g.png
    58 KB · Views: 273
  • 25q5a8g.png
    25q5a8g.png
    58 KB · Views: 293
JAMES! what happened to all your drawings! i finaly have time to make a 60 stand and they are all gone :(

Hi Ali

I think they were on imageshack and got deleted :crazy:. I've got two drawings for a P60 stand, one has got two doors and a small rebate to allow for hinges, the other has got one door that fits flush (mine uses magnets). Let me know which one you want and I can post it back up again.

Cheers

Cheers very much mate I was just looking for the flush fitting ones! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Your a star james for creating all the plans, hows thing going ali and james with your low techs also thread really took off lol

Dean, my tank is not doing much at all recently. I have got a bit carried away with my shrimp keeping. I've been doing some sketches though and planning a new scape :)

Looking forward to seeing it Ali.

My tanks doing alright cheers Dean - Actually it's not really doing much at all, growth is very slow because my lights are quite away from the tank but i'm happy with it because everything is healthy (touch wood! :nailbiting:).

What's going on with yours at the moment? I'd definately try lo tech if I was you mate, I'm a changed man - it's wood and mosses all the way for me now!

And so it begins! Not until I got home did I remember I no longer have a garage or ... Well anywhere to build it so dust sheets a plenty will be used!!

The guy at b&q was fantastic! I've heard so many stories about moody staff not cutting properly! This guy though was great and the cuts are very good!

Started putting it together and my crappy drill conked out !! But here we are!

qupazy9y.jpg

ymudu8e8.jpg

A little off subject, but aldi are doing matt black 400ml spray cans for 3squid at the moment.:) should anyone need matt black. If I decide to do another tank, I'm thinking of going for this nice smooth modern look instead of the rustic wood.:D

I just realised the bottom piece was cut wrong... Back to b&q in the morning... Lucky I kept all the left over bits!!

Was b&q but I guess I'm partially to blame. I should have been paying attention. All is well now though apparently they are open until 9!!

u2ubejyg.jpg

I hope the MDF is good quality, I'd like to get this done as quick as possible! I bet it's gonna be pretty pourus though..

Back