• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tom's Poco Pozo

I'm collecting off two large roofs and have managed about 20 litres in the last month.
Why no RO? I am always scared of rainwater except when it has rained a few days already. Or are you in such backwater now there is no pollution?:D

Why no RO? I am always scared of rainwater except when it has rained a few days already. Or are you in such backwater now there is no pollution?:D

RO is a hassle to buy and expensive to make (we're on a water metre). I'm right down in the rural south west of the UK now - the prevailing winds come straight off the Atlantic and there's very little industry and no cities so it should be pretty safe I reckon.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Most expensive water in the whole of the UK down here :/

Sky-high charges compared to the rest of the country. Over 200 pound higher than the national average. The price we unfortunately have to pay to provide clean beaches for the many millions of holiday makers.
On the plus side, it is incredibly soft and of outstanding quality.

Better shot of the male Guianacara -
09jNgQ.jpg

Last edited:
It is soft but mine still comes out the tap at pH 7.8 thanks to all the NaOH or whatever SWW use.

It is soft but mine still comes out the tap at pH 7.8 thanks to all the NaOH or whatever SWW use.

The absolute swines!
It's been a while since I've tested from the mains, but I believe it's pretty stable a ph 7.5.
I've had great success keeping and rasing Discus straight from the tap using prime alone.

I get ph7.8 and pay £800 a year for the pleasure....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

It finally rained! Did a whacking great water change yesterday and the visibility is just about enough now to see some fish near the front. I threw together a very rough video last night... handheld footage taken in the evening and still no light on the tank so forgive me for not taking the time to edit it nicely. Just thought I'd show off the fish a bit.

SD only until vimeo finish encoding the HD in an hour or two.

You talented bar stool.

I must say. I like the symmetry of the head standing and the surface dwellers - pencils?
Lots of elegant motion and the big boy doing patrols.
Excellent.
And then the neons with that arresting flash of colour!
Too.
Damn.
Good.

Last edited:
Looking good! (is it an idea to tape a mirror to the other side of the window?)

Cheers Ed. Not sure it would make all that much difference, most of the light from the window is indirect and hopefully I'll get a light unit over the tank at some point anyway. Just need to add another 20 odd green neons then I'm stocked unless someone manages to import some Ammocryptocharax (Glaser currently have some but none of the LFS near me are keen to place an order).

That's fantastic. Huge credit to you Big Tom, if you didn't know the video was of an aquarium you just wouldn't guess. So natural looking and a real inspiration.

Back