• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stu's 90x45x45 Seiryu Range

It's a shame your not around ukaps so much this year stu, I miss your great journals with loads of great pictures and a fantastic scape for all the members to be jealous off.

Looking forward to the fts of this scape, you really are an inspiration. Still a great result with iaplc, will be interesting to see what came above you

Cheers

Mark

I agree with you ada, I do feel bad though criticising the work of someone that has produced so many amazing 'scapes, when I haven't even started a mediocre one...

40 to 50kgs you say. I better start saving my pennies. Thanks for reply and providing a great scape for others to enjoy and learn from. Keep up the good work.

40 to 50kgs you say. I better start saving my pennies. Thanks for reply and providing a great scape for others to enjoy and learn from. Keep up the good work.
I got some 20kg boxes from andy's aquatics which were £30 each but the big stones were from TGM for substantially more but I don tknow of anywhere else that sells seiryu that big. You can cheat by putting cheaper rock where it wont be seen to prop the good stuff up :)

I agree with you ada, I do feel bad though criticising the work of someone that has produced so many amazing 'scapes, when I haven't even started a mediocre one...
You may think I dunno what I'm talking about lol but I'd swap out the dark tall thin stone on the left that's close to the centre in favour of something less sharp and slightly lighter, other than that it's spot on. :)
No problems with constructive criticism :) I did have some doubts with that stone and swapped it out twice with other stones. You do need to look at the long term design though because in the final IAPLC image the stems at the back are the same height as that stone... ;)

It's a shame your not around ukaps so much this year stu, I miss your great journals with loads of great pictures and a fantastic scape for all the members to be jealous off.

Looking forward to the fts of this scape, you really are an inspiration. Still a great result with iaplc, will be interesting to see what came above you

Cheers

Mark
Thanks Mark. Im hoping to get back on it soon as the wedding season is nearly over now and Ill have more time for scapes :) A redo of my mini-m is due and im swapping the 90cm for a 120cm with some Kessils :)

those pics were just from the setup day. final pics are on hold due to the ada comp although I think ill probably post them before if I get the chance.

the scape is still running but is growing on for the next tank so looks a bugger!

Thanks all. will get some pics up soon.

Ive had a complete balls up of the tank tonight thanks to my CRAPPY hydor inline heater. Its been sat doing its job for several years with the thermostat taped up so it doesnt get knocked.

I came home tonight to find fish carnage in the tank :( I had a shoal of about 25 neon tetras in there with guppies and pencilfish and tonight when I got in I found the guppies on the surface and many dead neons on the bottom. I immediately checked the co2 thinking Id had an end of tank but that was fine and the drop checker normal. Off with the co2 just in case then I start going through what could have caused it and think to do an immediate water change. It was only when I put my hand in the tank that I got a shock as it was like hot bath water in there :( Im bloody fuming that the crappy hydor has cooked the tank as the thermostat has stuck in the on position and run all day it seems.

One big water change later and lots of cold water in and things have settled now. Ive got about 5 neons left but the guppies just sat back and enjoyed the sauna it seems. Lost a few shrimp and the pencilfish were timid but have come back out now and Ill just have to see how the plants do as I was growing them on in prep for the next scape in the new 120cm so hopefully they wont melt.

So im now heaterless and thinking Ill have to go down the thermofilter route to get a heated tank without loads of equipment inside

sodding hydor :(

Sorry to hear that Stu! Hopefully plants will recover! IMO any filter/heater using thermostat will be exposed to the same hazard .... I don't know what technology eheim termofilter uses...

Thats a real bummer Stu. Hope you get it sorted soon

Do you think it might be good practise then to replace the heater every couple of years maybe or is that just stupid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Ill probably go with an eheim as I do need another filter. A few peeps have mentioned the 350t so that will go nicely with the 2078 I already have for the 120cm. Just need to find some cash!

Re replacing the problem is when to do it as youve no idea when it might fail. Ian holdich said hes been through 3 of them (the hydor)!

Thread resurrection!

Thought I'd better put up the final picture for this tank. I got pretty bummed with it towards the end and wasn't happy with it when the photo was taken for IAPLC 2014 as I'd not spent enough time on it

Anyway, this was the image for IAPLC 2014 where it ranked #282 so a drop from my previous years #82. I never got to see it in the book as TGM have never imported the 2014 books :( If anyone knows of any copies for sale in the world then let me know.

20121103784_b64664f50f_o.jpgSeiryu Range - IAPLC Entry 2014 ranked at #282 by Stu Worrall, on Flickr

I have the book. I can probably get hold of another copy for you.

Did you enter this year? Got your result?

Two friends of mine, first time entrants, did unbelievably well. they both got top 100.

I have the book. I can probably get hold of another copy for you.

Did you enter this year? Got your result?

Two friends of mine, first time entrants, did unbelievably well. they both got top 100.
That would be great if you could check. Can pay on paypal?

Yep I did enter and got my results. I haven't posted yet as the letter was a bit ambiguous on what could or could not be posted so I was holding off.

Back