• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Loud cracking noises from tank

frothhelmet

My glass aquarium has started to constantly make very loud cracking noises from the glass. As if the glass is rearranging itself. It's really quite surprisingly loud and makes it difficult to sleep in the same room.

The aquarium is 12 liters only at 12"x8"x8", and has no glass rimming up top. It rests on a wooden desk. I also believe it to be quite old. It is also built incorrectly with the 4 side glass panes resting on top of the bottom pane rather than on the sides of it.

I don't suppose anything can be done to shut the stupid thing up except get a new tank. But do I have to worry about the damn thing failing and spilling water everywhere? Anyone with experience of something similar?

Cheers

For realo_O...Is it resting on foam or anything to cushion against uneven surface. Either way I'd seriously consider getting another tank sooner than later.

The tank is resting directly against the desk - with no cushioning matt. That's probably a good idea to get one. Any idea why your clearseal tank busted?

Wo scary stuff.:eek:

I've just realised the dimensions of this noisey tank........I'd just replace it they are pence preferably with something that holds some water.

Back