• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquasoil and presurised co2? is it needed?

Jamess

Hey, is it worth using aquasoil if i am not going to be using pressurised co2? the reason being in travel a fair bit and there is 2 weeks a year where noone to regulate the co2 while the family is away. Would a tank suffice on easycarbo?

It depends what plants you want to keep. Plants such as ferns, anubias, crypts and mosses would be fine without co2 injection and just easycarbo but crypts would definately benefit from a nutrient rich substrate such as aquasoil because they are heavy root feeders.

Your CO2 should be fine for 2 weeks if it is pressurised. I don't adjust mine one month to the next! Do you mean that you currently use Yeast generated CO2?

You can use aquasoil without CO2 or with EasyCarbo, but you'd need someone to add that daily. If you can afford the aquasoil can't you invest some cash in a pressurised CO2 set up? It really is a hugely important part of the kit and is a great investment IMHO.

Back