• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Omega's Iwagumi - Xibalba

Hi guys.

2 weeks i added some utriculari graminifolia. Its setteling in nicely although it gets a bit brown but ive been told that is normal in the beginning.

Im wondering when i should trim this plant because in 2 weeks it has grown upwards a lot still no carpet forming yet.

Is it save to give the UG a trim after 2 weeks or is it still to early?

Thanks!

23457c140a59219379acb1c62e628f6b.jpg
23e998365f788b95560786e3cd670478.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, wow and wow again. Omegatron you really did a fantastic job, well done I am totally impressed. The cabinet looks brilliant and so does the tank, hard scape planting, simple and effective, you should be proud of that. :clap:

Its a shame that you girlfriend ruined it for you by dumping all that food in, what happened, did the lid come off or something.

You really hit bad luck with the fault in the tank design and I feel for you.

I wish you loads of luck in replacing it, I would be insisting on a new tank and my money back for the first one at the very least.

p.s is she still your girlfriend?;)

Have you experienced any issues with diatoms during the first weeks? My scape is very similar (carpet made of hemianthus) and still struggling with diatoms on plants and rocks. How often do you trim your HC? Thanks

Have you experienced any issues with diatoms during the first weeks? My scape is very similar (carpet made of hemianthus) and still struggling with diatoms on plants and rocks. How often do you trim your HC? Thanks

Yes i always have diatoms in the beginning but these will dissapear eventually. With startup i always do a WC every other day. That helps a lot. (While maintaining EI dosing and adding co2).

I trim my HC once per month.

Cheers mate. I will wait another few weeks and if it won't disappear I will try to think what to change. I read a lot that it maight be caused by silica in the sand but replacing the sand would rather be impossible. What do you reckon should the diatoms disappear after 7 weeks of running the tank or is it still too early? Thanks

Back