• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EI Waterchange with RO water

Mortis

Im just wondering if I am following EI dosing and instead of the weekly 50% water change with tap water can I reduce it to 30% if I use RO water ? Since it has a very low TDS, will it 'reset' the tank in a smaller quantity as compared to tap water which has a higher TDS ?

Yeah I thought so but I just assumed that even those wastes would get more diluted by using RO water :p

Sorry if this is a bit of a hijack, but it's a similar question. How would be the best way to do multiple water changes a week I.e twice a week, a Wednesday and a Sunday for example? Would the wc still need to be 50% on both days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use only RO water for weekly changes and use the same amount as if I were tomuse tap water. Like had been said its not just what you add but what your taking away; 50% is taking away half the amount of toxins and chemical build up in your tank.

Back