• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to install regulator to co2 cylinder for the first time.

ivka

Hello. My name is Ivka and this is my first post on this forum. I have 200 liter tank and I used diy yeast co2 for about a year and now I want to upgrade. I have a regulator from co2 art and everything I need I am just a little confused how to connect regulator with co2 cylinder.so my question is befor I open main valve on cylinder do I have to have a needle valve and regulator open or closed? I am a bit worried cos I don't want to do something wrong. :()

In my experience it won't leak from the regulator to CO2 cylinder connection, as hopefully you have used a decent spanner to tighten the locking nut. See pictures here.
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/fire-extinguisher-co2.266/

However I have had leaks from all the other connections in my time, which when in the tank causes great variations in bubble rate. Easy to spot leaks, dunk all the bits in a bucket of water and look for the stream of bubbles :D.

Haha!
Enjoy it :)
Line it up. Use sealing washer if provided and screw the regulator on nice and quick.
Don't rush though.

Hi. I did have a look those videos by co2 art butthey don't say if regulator and needle valve should be open or closed. So I asked .it never hurts to be sure.:)

And DArren636 thanks I think I will have a lot of fun.i had enought of diy co2 and changing a mix every week.too much work....

Hi jart.thanks for the link.that was very helpful.i was looking for instraction like that .

And I have another question.sorry I am asking too much.what working presure should I set it on 3 psi or higher?

Back