• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mizube by yankadi

yankadi

Seedling
Hello everybody,
This is my latest scape. Aquarium dimensions: 90x45x45
So some pics from the scaping.
DSC08513.JPG

Tallest brunch is above 2 metres hight.

DSC08515.JPG

DSC08517.JPG

DSC08520.JPG

Looks fantastic so far mate, can't wait to see it flooded. That branch is massive!!!!

Thank you mates! I'm not scared about the bark, it is not the first time i made up scape with local wood. Yes, the bark will go slowly away but i will take it with water changes. Also plants attached on the wood can hold it for a long time.

There has been some time without no post. But this scape is doing well!
Photos from yesterday.. Polygonum sp. go crazy.. It can go out of the water line very easily.
DSC09203.jpg

DSC09202.jpg

Few months ago I saw this lichen on the wood.. :) Still it grows, but turn more brown at this time.
DSC08590.JPG

Also saw wat happens inside my Eheim 2324 filter after 2.5 months from the last cleaning.. It has been so dirty, with gel type detritus..
DSC09154.jpg

DSC09156.jpg

DSC09157.jpg

;)

Wow, that looks like a jungle judging from the second photo :clap:, I think everyone will agree we need a full tank shot though!

That filter is disgusting by the way :lol:.

Hi all,
Fantastic, I like a nice jungle and duckweed. The Polygonum is doing so well, and it may well
flower soon, there are images on <http://www.guitarfish.org/2010/07/13/polygonum-flowers>.

I have an emergent Hygrophila corymbosa that flowers.
I have similar thing on wood in my pet shop tank, but I thought it was some kind of mushrooms.
It is a fungus rather than a lichen (symbiotic association between a fungus and an algae). These corticoid fungi are difficult to ID, but it looks like it might be a species of Aleurodiscus.
That filter is disgusting by the way
The filter may have mulmed up to that degree because the wood still had bark etc. which has supplied more organic compounds to the tank water. You can either put a pre-filter on the intake (I have fairly large sponges on all my tanks), or you can clean the internal media more frequently.

In a planted tank there is no point in having anaerobic de-nitrification in the filter, you are better off making sure all the filter media is oxygenated and using the plants to mop up the NO3.

cheers Darrel

Back