• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this correct lighting for plants

Frenchi

Hi ppl
Just set this up over my nano setup, hoping it will do the job, I removed the original aquaone cheapo that had a bright white light which I thought was encouraging algae ..

What's your thoughts please?

065dc75f93faa2167900f44f10ee8ed9.jpg

i use the same light on my 5 gall low tech shrimp tank been working fine for 6months or so plants grow (slowly ) and not much algy lol

i use the same light on my 5 gall low tech shrimp tank been working fine for 6months or so plants grow (slowly ) and not much algy lol
This is for a 5 gall also 22 litres if that's the same .. I'm injecting co2 aswell.. Maybe it's not enough then.. ?

Are you using a pendent light?
I keep wanting to set up another tank and use these. 18w Equivalent 100W ish full spectrum rgb and dimmable
119296_zpsf3ecdf6f.jpg

Are you using a pendent light?
I keep wanting to set up another tank and use these. 18w Equivalent 100W ish full spectrum rgb and dimmable
119296_zpsf3ecdf6f.jpg
Yeah it's a pendant .. It's a tank not on show in my back room .. Just playing with it really... The bulb is 18w equivalent to 100w

Yeah it's a pendant .. It's a tank not on show in my back room .. Just playing with it really... The bulb is 18w equivalent to 100w
give it a go mate use a dimmer you can buy it where you get you home hardware..
The design is brilliant i have one above my car in the drive, the whole back is a metal heat sink quite nicely made.

give it a go mate use a dimmer you can buy it where you get you home hardware..
The design is brilliant i have one above my car in the drive, the whole back is a metal heat sink quite nicely made.
It's worth a try... I'll see how it goes

Just an FYI algae use all wavelengths of color even green to grow.. changing bulbs wont correct the problem most of the time.

Tea some people say algae are an inferior organiam.. i think its not.. it can survive almost anything.

Yes, and be glad of it mate. Algae are the ones that put Oxygen in the atmosphere for us to breathe. Algae rule the planet.

Cheers,

Back