• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AGA results 2014

#320 110 Litre....Hell of a lot of work has went into that aquascape!
Still you can't fault the number 1 choice...on the 60 to 120 litre section nice Bonsai layout!
Thanks for posting up Mark.

Thanks Mark, some truly fantastic scapes there !

Can I take it that only the top ten tanks are placed in each category as awarded and that the remaining order of scapes is completely random and is not in order of their ranking, well that looks to be the case ?

Ok this is how it works... just the top ten tanks are placed and awarded in each category as in previous years, while the remaining scapes in each category are simply positioned in order of their size/volume smallest first... so a bit confusing.

For example the last tank in the big tank category, the one with all the altums, is a whopping 15,000l (4000gl), so impressive stuff !

These mountain scapes and underwater bonsai trees winning over and over again ....

Please compare this crap that placed 2nd:

3560.jpg

with this nice underwater scape:
2770.jpg

There is something I have probably missed with all this, but why copying a terrestrial landscape using aquatic plants and fish???? Does anyone find attractive a row of fake cypresses with fish flying over them? Errr... Sorry for the stupid question. Yes, that is why these layouts do win prices.
Sadly it is getting more and more difficult to see real aquascapes (aquatic habitats) in these contests. They are basically limited to biotopes which are a very specific aquatic habitat setup.

Jordi

Sadly it is getting more and more difficult to see real aquascapes (aquatic habitats) in these contests. They are basically limited to biotopes which are a very specific aquatic habitat setup. Jordi

Sadly because many of the aquascapers had no chance to see with their eyes what's underwater ... I'll take my liberty to post some of Chris photos .. judge for yourself the quality of aquascapes made by nature seen in his latest timeline photos:
https://www.facebook.com/chris.lukhaup/media_set?set=a.413596888197.186327.766648197&type=1

Cheers,
Mike

Astonishing comment 'no fish make this layout lifeless'. To me it looks much natural like this, it a brilliant terrestrial miniature landscape. What is really weird to me is finding in this layouts fish!!!!
Ok... No more threads like this, promised. Its obvious I don't like them. :)

Jordi

I must say i smiled at the amount of DQ's in the Dutch category.

Most of the entrants I believe were unable to read and fill the form properly as they can barely comprehend 'English'. IMO, It would have been better if organizers had moved them to the proper respective catagories than blatantly disqualifying them altogether. There are a couple of seriously good tanks disqualified there.

Apart from the obvious, I love this particular scape.
It has that underwater essence, its simple, sublte and serene yet it is constituted by a lot of complex elements if you look upclose.

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2014/show471.html

Last edited:
Back