• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lily pipe on Juwel 125

Vazkez

Hi guys :)

I have a set of lily pipes and I would like to install it on my Juwel 125, however I am using the hood and as you know they are holes in juwel at the back only.

I tried to search for some threads even here are some but all of them have death links so I am stack.

My question is there a way to modify the plactic rim on top of the glass that I will able to hang the set on side please?

Or do you know about any other solitusion please?

Thank all.

Don't know about that tank specifically but my Aquastart320 started of with a hood which has a nice thick plastic bracing rim to rest on which prevents using Lilly pipes without modifying the rim. I took a sharp old chisel and heated it up until it was red hot at the tip and then carefully pressed it into the plastic rim to melt it in sharp cuts to remove a section of rim where the Lilly pipes were going. I had first tried to use a razor saw (used for plastic modelling) but the plastic sawdust was a nightmare with water in the tank, took too long to perform a cut and vibrations disturbed the fish. Not perfect, not super tidy, but certainly functional. Hot chisel way quicker, just don't breath the fumes.

:)

Back