• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Needle valve faulty?

pepedopolous

Hi there,

Recently I've noticed that the working pressure on my German-made (Lunapets) pressure regulator fluctuates between 2 and 2.5 bar every 10 seconds of so. It seems to affect the bubble rate in the bubble counter.

It only happens when the solenoid is on and if the needle valve is open. If the solenoid is on but the needle valve closed, there's no fluctuation.

It still happens even if I remove the CO2 tubing from the solenoid so I think I can discount any leaks 'downstream'.

So based on this evidence, do you agree that my needle valve is to blame and not the regulator itself?

Thanks,

P

Maybe the needle valve connection to the solenoid has worked loose a little, mine did this after getting moved in and out the cupboard umpteen times and when the tubing got slightly caught on things it acted like a lever and over time it loosened the connection ever so slightly enough to halve my bottle usage time when the solenoid was open, a fluctuating gauge was one of the symptoms.

:)

Normally the regulator itself determines the pressure that goes into the needle valve. I believe this is done with a diaphragm.

it looks to me like your regulator is f ¥¥ d up. To be honest it could be both things I suppose. But yeah listen to x3nith and search for leachs at the needle valve joint.

Back