• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

specific CO2/flow question

Mrwim94

Seedling
I've been reading, and definitely learning, a lot on this forum the last few weeks. But one specific question remained.

I have a vision 260 120x46x60 (cm) and my flow just wasn't good atm, so i emptied my tank and want to start over.
So i read al those articles about improving flow and co2 etc etc, but this question remained: When I use an external co2 diffusor on my spraybar (20cm long), placed on the back of the aquarium, and i place 2 wavemakers alongside it, both sides one. will this supply my tank evenly with co2, or does it only in the center, where my spraybar is placed?

grtz

Mrwim94

Hello,
It's very difficult to answer your question. That's like asking what the weather will be next Wednesday. We know that generally, if the length of the tank is 120cm and if only 20 cm of that length is covered by a CO2 injected spraybar then that leaves 100cm of linear tank space (about 85%) without direct CO2.

So the best answer is: try it and see what happens. If all appears good then great. If there are problems on the edges then you will want to think about covering that space with an extension. That can lead to other issues such as large pressure drop across the spraybar if the filter output is not muscular enough.

Cheers,

Thanx everyone for the quick respond!
Concluding, if i want to do it ideal, i have to make a 120 cm spraybar, right?

Are there filters that can make a 120 cm spraybar work properly, which capacity will I need?

@ceg4048 your posts are really amazing, have learned so much from them! (no offense to other reactions ;))

I have a similar tank size (120x45x55) and it's doing quit well, but still some problem areas in the back of the tank. At the moment I'm running 2 canister filters (1500 l/h) with a pre-filter and CO2 reactor attached to them which brought the flow down by more than half....also running a power head (1000 l/h) attached to a 60 cm spray bar, this last one I am going to replace by a power head of 2000 l/h and a spray bar of 110 cm, hopefully this will help in those problem areas. All outputs are facing the front of the glass, no criss cross current.

If you are going to do it properly its needs to be done something like this. Main points are:

- Two filters (P1 & P2) maybe JBLe1501's @ 1400l/hr, they will fit in the Vision 260 cabinet (they fit in Vision 180 cabinet)
- Two spray bars covering the whole of the back of the tank.
- Two diffusers.
- Two bubble counters
- Two needle valves .
- Inline heater if your are using one.
- Job done.
BigTank2_zps6282955e.jpg

you people are awesome ;).
@ian_m which diffusor do you use, because most diffusors in the Netherlands are not compatible with filters above 1000 L/h?

Back