• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andys 45p Aquascape

Hello guys a few new pics for you!
2da1f8e287a2596465dd96f08bb22a8b.jpg
6bf61a5c5997b6be544624427e795939.jpg
176ed50e8bc51b05788c55097f10e12c.jpg

Everything is growing fantasticly! I just had a hugr trim as all the plants had grown almost to the surface! As you can see there is a bare patch in the front left but I think that is because the soil is too shallow so the roots wont take. I will try and add a bit more soil to help.
As you can also see i have a smaller heater in therw for now and will look into the external one soon. I would like some glass pipes but i am unsure as I would like to keep the spray bar.
Also i need to look at a different background plant as this one is huge but i like the leaf shape.
Also if anyone has any ideas how to keep the carpet low and tight that would be appreciated!
Kind regards
Andy

Thanks for the link they look good!:) where is a good place for clear filer tube?
Andy

Some Update Pics and just playing around with SLR
C7XANe.jpg

I have removed the plant at the back and moved some high growing glossostigma elatinoides i dont seem to have much luck growing it. it just grows up rather than out.
Anyone have any ideas on how to get a better carpet with it?
Also the monte carlo took a while to get going but it seems to be ok. As you can see there are a lot of yellow leaves i think it is a lack of co2 and too high light.
So i lowered the % of the light to 30 percent from 50 and adjusted the co2 accordingly. At the moment i don't have any live stock until i can get a god grasp on growing the plants.
Over all i am moderately ok with the tank and i still have a lot to learn. one day i will be able to make great aquascape's.

If anyone can suggest anything i will be happy to listen advice on how to make it look better will be great!
Kind regards
Andy

71186174d2798d208f6dbea46a0abc1d.jpg
48e27819f773fbd342f72505b9671110.jpg

Some quick I pad pics and a few updates. I have tidied up the hardware in the tank and install and inline atomiser. Also I removed the plants at the back and added a different one and more Monte Carlo to help pack out the carpet I'm trying. It was supposed to be a mixed carpet but the hair grass had taken over so I removed most of it.
My biggest problem is the monte Carlow has like brown algae I guess all over it. normally larger leaves I can remove this by a rub of the fingers but obviously the leaves of Monte Carlo are smaller and more delicate. Any tips for cleaning this anyone.
Kind regards
Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks big clown. I have an improvement from the plants since the outbreak after I changed to the inline diffuser and my tmc mini tile is at 15% I have new growth on all of the plants. I guess I should keep it this way for a while and may be adjust things as I go? I have some liquid carbon from Aqua essentials but there own branded version. Is it worth spot dosing? It have also been suggested to try hydrogen peroxide?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had quite a long run of diatoms in the cube. I think it was a flow problem because it stopped when i changed the spraybar but i'm not sure because i was doing extra water changes too. Both probably helped
See how you get on with the inline. Maybe a few small tweaks of the co2
15% on the mini tile doesn't seem too high for a tank that size but dont increase it yet
I wouldn't spot treat the diatoms with lc but it wont hurt to dose the tank with it, 1-2x what it says on the bottle, unless you have sensitive/breeding shrimp

Back