• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UK Shops for the Planted Tank Hobbyist

no not necessarily - any recommendations that are UK based would be fine - I am in Edinburgh

Does anyone know a retail shop in London selling pond plants that is accessible by public transport?

The best I can find is Crew Hill in Enfield, and it will take around two and a half hours to get there from where I live in Central London / N1!!!!!

Downtown Grantham Just off the A1. Plants stock is poor but has a full range of Seachem products at reasonable prices.

Emperor Tropicals, in Plymouth. They have got the UK No.1 Aquatic Plant Retailer of Practical Fishkeeping for two years in a row.

Good for aquascaping, fishes, plants, equipment, products, ponds... practically everything. :)

Goldfish bowl in Oxford stock Dennerle plants (despite Tropica claiming they stock Tropica!).

aquaessentials.co.uk have lovely plants but expensive IMO.
aquariumgadens.co.uk are great and not too expensive.

Paid a visit to Emperor Tropicals in Plymouth last weekend on my way down to Cornwall. It's a very decent aquascaping shop, fantastic livestock and a huge plant list, and not bad for hardscape either. And the staff are very friendly...if you're ever in that neck of the woods check it out http://www.emperortropicals.co.uk/HomePage.html

36103638891_568087a179_b.jpg

36103638291_8d3dcce39b_b.jpg

35403499164_a14cfef6ca_b.jpg

36103638181_0cc0d5aa02_b.jpg

36103638451_0424f460e6_b.jpg

Back