• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Project DIY ADA Style Aquarium Stand

Thanks for the detailed response ian thats good to know.

Mine is not that old, but in 1+ year I have tested at least twice that it is waterproof (forgot to close filter hose connection and the inside of the cabinet got flooded, and a 5 liters bucket of water fell and the underside of the cabinet got quite wet), and of course all kind of splashes and little drops while tank maintenance. But luckily there is not a single sign of problem in the MDF. I used 2 layers of primer for protection + 2 of varnished paint.

Jordi

Mr James sir, I've been trying to draw plans for a 75p but I'm not at all good at this sort of thing, you'd be a hero if you could alter the drawings for a 75p. Also, if anyone has a name for the color of formica, or paint they used, that'd be great to. Appreciate it =)

Hi Wirt

Only just noticed your post mate. I'm a bit busy this week but I'll have a look at it as soon as I can. Can you tell me the exact foot print of the 75P please.

Cheers

James

The ada website says it's a 75x45x45cm. Thanks man I truly appreciate it.

in progress:

45x30cm:
IMG_20141029_WA0000.jpg

60x30cm:
IMG_20141029_WA0001.jpg
IMG_20141029_WA0002.jpg

James D., thanks for your sketchs.

Folks, has anyone an stekch for a 90x45cm stand?

HI Marcio, the cabinet's looking great. I notice that it's different from the drawing at the bottom though, what was your thinking there? To make it look neater? Just wondering mate.

Yes, James, one less place to put strips. I hope this does not become harder to fixing the door. I also will put wheels with locks.

Let me ask, James: do you have the sketch for a 90x45cm?
Many thanks.

Looks like I've got a bit of work to do, :lol: actually it doesn't take too long to alter the drawings but you'll have to bear with me, I'm quite busy. I'll try and get them up on monday / tuesday.

Cheers.

Here are the drawings, hopefully all the measurements are correct, I'd just re-check them if I was you though!

75_P_1.jpg

75_P_2.jpg

You're amazing sir, thank you so much man. Cant wait to start building :happy:

No problem :).

As you can see on the drawing, I put an extra panel in the middle of the cabinet for extra support for the larger tanks. If I was making one of these I would probably put some additional batons in there as well for more strength.

James would you mind doing a drawing for standard AGA 10g tank. Essentially 52x27x82. I would prefer it a little taller than typical?

Hi Kzeller

I'll have a go at that for you mate, if possible I'll get it done early next week other wise it might be after Christmas (I have to draw them at work). I'll try to do it ASAP though.

Edit: Can you put the h x w x d measurements on there please

Back