• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Floating plants

tim

Evening folks, I've had a few tubs of various plants going for a little while mainly moss and hydro trip Japan, started to notice a drop in growth I'm assuming due to lower winter temps, so I've decided to float them in my low tech, a week in the moss looked very happy so I've added a few more namely bacopa salamanzzi and a ludwigia stem I got from hoggie, I'll keep the thread updated as to progress, bonus is they've dimmed the light slightly in the low tech also so hopefully win win :)
16031977006_58e6daea54_c.jpg

Nice idea tim!

I don't know where you have kept the emersed cultures previously, but aside from the drop in temperature, the drop in the photo period also plays a role. I have certainly noticed that while my photo period for my low tech tanks remain the same throughout the year, the reduced ambient light appeared to have slowed down the growth of some of the plants.

Back