• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter recommendations please

Frenchi

Hi
I'm buying a new filter for my 250 litre tank I currently have 2 1000 litres per hour on it but I'm still not 100% happy with the flow. I was looking at the JBL CristalProfi E1901 today and nearly bought it that was £199.
What do you guys use and recommend please

Thanks

Mick

I like the JBLs (I have the e701GL). Work great, not too expensive and the rotatable inlet/outlet are great for space-limited cabinets. However, the e1901 has a weird tube diameter (19/25mm) so adapters might be needed if you want to use in-line equipment and lily-pipes...

P

I like the JBLs (I have the e701GL). Work great, not too expensive and the rotatable inlet/outlet are great for space-limited cabinets. However, the e1901 has a weird tube diameter (19/25mm) so adapters might be needed if you want to use in-line equipment and lily-pipes...

P
I didn't think of the inline stuff.. I am using inline diffusion on my filter now on the aquaone filter which is of a smaller diameter than the JBL E1901 .. I was also looking at the lph the jbl is 1900lph the fx6 is 3000 plus or so it says??

I got my filters from zooplus.de, the german site, for some strange reason at the time it worked out much cheaper than buying from their uk website. I got 2 x eheim 2073 on my 266 litre tank, plus I got 900lph powerhead. that setup seems to give me enough flow with out causing distress to my fish or plants.

I have added a fluval cp3 to the tank now as a cheaper option to see if it makes a difference with distribution. 2800 lph but it maybe just a little too much . I did notice I had to drop the co2 level slightly as 2 of my fish seemed to start gasping a little that was at 2 bubbles per second .. Saying that the jbl bubble counter bubbles do seem large ones ..

Back