• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Emperor Black Tetra

Julian

I've googled high and low, does anyone know where I can buy these in the UK?

Something tells me that they will be pricey...

http://www.aquariumspeed.com/page/a...on/fish/emperor-black-tetra-care-and-diet-r54

4f2bbc09d2c2ae871a696c1ca4fb7236.jpg

Not sure if this is any help but my local Fishkeeper (Maidenhead Aquatics) here in Edinburgh has emperor tetras in stock and some of the ones they have in are quite black, but they are not fully black like the picture you posted (iirc, black body paler patch toward and forward from the gills over the head, they appear to still be juveniles), not sure if these fit the bill but it might be worth giving them a phone to find out.

They also have quite a shoal of Parosphromenus currently being kept in the CRS tank if anyone is on the lookout for these.

You could try Kesgrave Tropicals ebay shop, he often has various types of less common tetras available.

Thanks guys, I tried both places but they don't stock the 'Emperor black tetra' only the 'Emperor Tetra' which goes by a different Latin(?) name.

So I've been doing some more reading, it looks like this fish is a 'colour morph'. What does that mean exactly? Does it mean that if I try breeding emperor tetras, I might get lucky and some will be completely black?

Don't know if you're still after these but when I was in on Saturday at my local Fishkeeper (Edinburgh) they had quite a few of these. I know you tried phoning previously and they had none, this time though the tank is labeled 'Black Emperor Tetra' and the Emperors were almost fully black, it might be worth giving them another call.

Back