• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ohko Ocean, now 'Peaks'

Dantrasy

The clock is ticking on my 2ft. It's been running for almost 2 years. So soon I'll do another scape.

Weeks ago I purchased some ohko, and today I finally found an hour or so to play around with them.

I want to add more (yes, more) to the back left, but I'll have to use glue to create the shape.

Here's where it's at:

jhkj_zps231e1d32.png

knl_zps111b47e1.png

If you can replicate that in-tank and plant it up it could be one of the most amazing and unique bits of hardscaping/rockwork I've ever seen! There is very little room for plants but it could definitely still be good.

It must have taken hours to meticulously fit together each small piece to create such a natural look.

Planning to use 40x40cm floor tiles. They worked well in my 19L nano. I'll start by braking them up into quarters. The rear stack is almost 1ft high, so I guess I'll have to brake up a lot of them.

It reminds me of something from a Marvel film, like the bits of rock are going to form some massive boulder monster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either one looks fantastic

From Alex - Internet names may vary. Comment not fit for human consumption. Contains small parts.

Started putting the rocks in and it's infinitely more difficult doing it in-tank. Rocks slide on the glass and titles. I think I'm a long way off... I can spare 3-4 hours per day for the next few days, so got plenty of time. The back left is the hardest part. Still, it's a lot of fun!

I got some aquafix glue - the type you use to glue a tile under water in a swimming pool. Says it's aquarium safe.

I won't be adding any soil until the rocks look 'good'. Here's what I have so far.

byhy_zps42fd3379.png

Back