• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ohko Ocean, now 'Peaks'

Awesome. Allot of effort and patience to get your hardscape like that. You gona have a dry start?
Its a pain to get the soil to stay put with slopes like that

Thank you. I'm 99% happy with it.

The soil is staying put for now. I plan to plant hc most everywhere, after that I may add some dhg in places.

Still playing with the top left. It'll probably change.

I'll plant and fill next weekend (no dry start).

I can't even imagine how long and how hard it was to create such stunning hardscape. Imo, your original idea is very skilfully done. Love the angle shot.
Do you plan to use eleocharis sp. Mini, with curled leaves? I think such sp. Will suit your picture well.

Thanks for the comments!

I received some critical feedback from an internet friend that prompted me to make some rather severe changes to the top left. Right now, I'm in the middle of putting the curve back in. It's a 'new' curve because the original rocks are in use elsewhere.

I came up with a name for the scape - Ohko Ocean

love it! Cant wait to see it planted :) Ive got about 50Kg of dragon stone ready to go in my 120cm at the moment. Its a very hard stone to scape with and youve pulled off an excellent job here.

Wonderful hardscape! Just not sure if you have thought about maintaining it - scrubbing the stones etc.... especially the top left stones if not properly fixed, will be pain to clean and as they are closest to the light, I presume will be the ones that will need most attention.

I've never been that keen on rock scapes but you've won me over with this one. Awesome mate. Congrats. Like everyone else I can't wait to see it planted.

This is a stunner already, can't wait to see it planted up, really exciting....

Those rocks at the top of the curve on the left, are they just balanced:eek: or have you fixed them with something to keep them in place. Just a word of advice if I may, when you start filling this up watch out for soil slippage as you are doing it and be on standby to catch any rocks that move or fall, the tank is lovely and I would hate to see it get scratched or damaged. One tip before filling it up, give all the soil a really good spraying until it is soaked which should stop most of it floating to the surface and causing the rocks to slip.

Good luck with it,

Cheers,

Steve;)

Excellent hardscape! Looking forward to seeing it planted... I guess it is a very challenging project, at least it would be for me... It would be a pity to hide this piece f hardscape.

Jordi

The curve at the wave apex makes total sense when viewed from the front, as in the last shot...it's taken the scape to a whole different level. And like Stu said dragon stone is difficult to scape with, I've avoided it for this exact reason, but I think you've blazed a trail with this one.

Back