• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Well I think this nano tank is coming on at last!!

Frenchi

Hi
Started this nano months ago and kept ripping it out I just couldn't get it right !! I had bad algae issues lighting issues Infact nothing went right.. Anyway I seem to have the balance right now and things are coming on slowly but surely..
It's a 20litre nano
Full Ei dosing
Full co2

What's your thoughts please

Any tips or pointers welcome

2bca73c26bbbe2f6bc5debe01274feaa.jpg

36878274fa732f34fb4d92e0f69ca3e1.jpg

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mick it's looking good mate, I like the white cove you've created.

Cheers guys.. I must admit it's working for me at long last lol ..
The riccia is tied into meshing with lead strapped to the underside.. The left and right hand side have been growing a while now I was impressed how it was growing so I've started some in the middle to try and fill in there.. :)

Hi Frenchi. It looks like quite high light you got there.

Here is a photo of mine which is quite low light but I think Ill have to up it a bit for the tennellus carpet.
20141218_120629_zps8c357f2d.jpg

Also riccia is going to make quite a mess when it starts to get loose. I you want to slow it down I believe it will grow without CO2.

How are you injecting co2 in this tank just out of curiosity?

Jose the riccia has bonded together like that in quite a short space of time it was quite loose when I first put it in it's growing really quick that's why I'm so happy with this tank :) I will have to give it a trim soon
The tank is a aquaone so all the filtration is in the back so for the co2 I decided to put an old fish R fun internal filter in the last compartment, drilled a 6mm hole in the casing and inserted a small fluval ceramic disc .. Filled the filter with k1 media .. It acts like a triple diffuser and works very well . The filter is supposed to be for upto a 200 litre tank lol .. But with a reduced bore outlet it's a great flow :)
I use a sodastream bottle at 2 bubbles per second but they are only small bubbles. The gauge hasn't moved yet after a month of running
Your tank is looking nice by the way I like the red plant :)
The lighting looks brighter in the picture I think

Jose the riccia has bonded together like that in quite a short space of time it was quite loose when I first put it in it's growing really quick that's why I'm so happy with this tank I will have to give it a trim soon
Cool, if you like the fast growth then youll love this plants. Its really a surreal one. My advice is to trim it weakly or maybe even more.

The lighting looks brighter in the picture I think
Thanks frenchi. Yes the light looks much brighter than it really is.The red plant (Althernanthera mini I think) is not a hard plant at all although it can get covered in algae easily since its slow growing.

If you dont mind me saying in my opinion your tank can benefit from having more broad leaves in contrast to the moss and riccia. Maybe an anubias or maybe a bit more fern?.

Good luck and keep updating.

Hi Mick
Nice looking!
When trimming Riccia - you will be doing yourself a favour, by lifting the mesh they're on OUT of the tank, and trim. Otherwise you will have Riccia offcuts EVERYWHERE in your tank.....and they will all grow, even the tiniest little bits.
Ricia is a fantastic little thing, nothing looks this bright.....but the vitality is a PITA, when growing unwanted places !!
I think many of us have learned this lesson

Jose.. Thanks for your comments I do appreciate them :) I have put Fern in there but waiting for it to grow.. Like watching paint dry lol ... :) I will trim as much as I can its just in my back room this one :)
Mick.DK ... I can easily lift it out so I will do that thanks for the heads up :) will it be ok to put it in a bowl of fresh water from the tap to trim?

Again cheers for the input guys I do appreciate it .. It helps me

Nice bit of narrow, or if you can find it needle Java fern across the back. I'd also be inclined to remove the bit of fern you have on the left lower part of the tank with a. Ice chunk of Anubis nana petite. Think that would really suit the tank.

Keep the moss nice and clean too, I used to pat my moss piles as I siphoned at w/c. Just used the over end of my net....

Looks good as is, just couple ideas :)

Nice bit of narrow, or if you can find it needle Java fern across the back. I'd also be inclined to remove the bit of fern you have on the left lower part of the tank with a. Ice chunk of Anubis nana petite. Think that would really suit the tank.

Keep the moss nice and clean too, I used to pat my moss piles as I siphoned at w/c. Just used the over end of my net....

Looks good as is, just couple ideas :)
Thanks for the input it is appreciated:) I'll see if I can get hold of some nana petite .. I do have some trident in my other tank for the rear

Thanks for the tips:)

Hi there, great nano and nice growth, what company are you using for your ei dosing, regards

Back