• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
What an amazing journal. It's a shame it's over but I can't wait to see what you do next.

This journal make for a great read over with a few cups of coffee :nailbiting: Three hours later and despite it now being tomorrow I'm in aww... truly inspirational:clap:
It's ingrained in aquascaping legend...

Was an inspiration for my soil based tank's and a great comfort while trying hard to accept my obvious complete lack of aquascaping skill's
I took great comfort in the simplicity, and very much enjoyed the many trial's and tribulation's.

hi guys, new here on this forum.

I know this thread is way too old.....but ....
Have been reading this article from the beginning. It is inspirational. kudos to @BigTom. I am planning a 6x2x2 tank to re-enter the hobby and this could well be a thing to do with a large tank.

lot of people have mentioned a word called Journal in this thread. So does that mean this whole setup is written in the form of a journal (life scientific journal) or a kind of a report? If so then how can i access it?

lot of people have mentioned a word called Journal in this thread. So does that mean this whole setup is written in the form of a journal (life scientific journal) or a kind of a report? If so then how can i access it?
This section of the Forum is called ‘journals’ it’s for people to share and document their aquariums. How you choose to do so is up to you.
In essence this whole thread is the ‘Journal’

hi all,
this is what i am planning as a staring point....

180cm Long x 75cm wide x 65cm tall tank (roughly 6ft L x 2.5ft W x 2ft T) with a Bean Animal overflow system. with a tank (not a sump) underneath being 160cm Long x 60cm wide x 65cm tall (roughly 5ft L x 2ft W x 2ft T).

Now the plan for the top tank is to be like the one BigTom had started. and the tank underneath is plant free tank with rocks setup. I have noticed that BigTom had pH issues where water got hard. I am planning to make use of this phenomenon and may do bottom tank as an African Tanganyika Biotope.

if everyone suggest then i would like to start a new thread but then it will for along time only be an information gathering thread.

What i would also like suggestions on is....What woods and plants you guys think i should be using? the Top of the tank will be open with suspended lights.

Back