• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Aquasky LEDs Hands on experience

It's hard to find anything about it. But ADA alerted us that Solars will not be on the market in the EU since this regulation.

So no new shipments will come. EU moves to a more energy efficient way. The problem is that LEDs are not ready yet to overtake the market fully.

Maybe this is a missunderstanding as they are using the RX7S double ended socket which i do not see on the ban list. Will have more info later on.
Viktor, have you plans to test the new Kessil A160WE Tuna Sun LED light in your showroom?

Hi viktor, is aquasky 601 enough to grow an Hc only iwagumi ?

Absolutely. Both 601 and 602 is designed for planted aquariums.

This is an early stage on these dual setup

16036551562_7f18b2c29c_b.jpgGreen Aqua Showroom by viktorlantos, on Flickr

This is a 602 and 601 centered over on 2 60x30x36 tank. So the middle strip is just a spice up not giving too much additional to the full setup.
HC feels well. More challenge to have enough CO2 for it everywhere :)

Viktor, have you plans to test the new Kessil A160WE Tuna Sun LED light in your showroom?

Only seen Kessils here on UKAPS and on exhibitions. Never tried them personally.
If we receive a test unit sure we will do that.
However i prefer more the sleek and sexy stuff. Clients go after the sleakest possible units. As light is just a tech equipment over on your tank. Should not be something you always focus on.
Just be powerfull enough. On smaller tanks the one which has nice leg is more comfortable. On larger setups usually we hang everything.

I am a bit skeptic however as a round shape will not give equal spreading in the rectangle shape tanks. It's same when you use only a point source HQI. Nice, but there will be areas which is weaker.
Surely you wants to plant there your high demand plant sometime :)

Hi Viktor,

While we're all using your lighting expertise have you ever used the Elos E 3?

http://www.elosaquarium.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=159

To me its the sleekest & sexiest (although I've never seen it in the flesh).

I've long been debating with myself about getting one for my 60P, but it's very expensive and now with the Aquasky being nearly half the price its difficult to justify.

I'm also desperate to find out about these from Japan:
http://grassyside.com/micmol.html

I've emailed them loads and never heard back and they look like the ultimate in sleek design!

I wish more lights in Europe looked like both of those. All the new lights I see on the market are just disappointing on the design front - those Dennerle Scapers LED's just look like everything else on the market and I hate how they attach!

Rant over! Sorry for the hijack!

Phil

Back