• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DSICUS WONT EAT. getting skinny.. i need help!!!

yes their edvet! thats why i recommended the bidka site which has breeders sellers and peep who have in depth knowledge of discus

Earthworm is a great food for a lot of fish, also the thin red worms in compost heaps if you know someone with one.... would imagine both would be fine for discus???
Go to the fishing tackle store and ask for some Brandling worms...these are thinner and smaller than earth worms!

Don't think so!
These are usually found in compost heaps also know as Tiger worms....if the fish has a big enough mouth Im sure it will eat them!
hoggie

I thought these were smelly and thus unatractive for fisho_O
that's why they sell them for fishing. :D fish go by smell and movement yum yum. Tiger worms now your talking, if it won't eat those there's something seriously wrong that you need to treat. I gave up on disus years ago beautiful fish but if you even further in the same room there's problems with them, well there was 10 years ago. I hope you get the beautiful thing fed soon mate. I don't want to upset anyone pros or docs but what is to be lost by trying a wormer? I mean how Long has the poor thing got, whislt were all talking about it, it could be the problem and be back to health soon.

Last edited:
I meant fart in the same room not further.:D

Sadly there are many self proclaimed experts without any training and just some lucky shots.
Wow, that is pretty harsh. Does that mean that if we are not vets we shouldn't comment on any fish health related posts? Fluke Solve is a highly recommended fish/discus wormer and I was just sharing a similar experience.

I was thinking flukes or worms myself lindy. I'm a Dr. Oh wait sorry.......that was spock.:$

Live foods are usually great with triggering a fussy fish's appetite, I've seen white worms used with success although they can be fatty for the fish in excess. Red Wrigglers are the worms that most fish will readily eat. However, Night crawlers are the ones that secret chemicals which smells bad to the fish. Daphnia should also be appealing to picky eating fish.

I've made a home made mix with Tilapia, Prawns (without shells), Spinach and crushed Garlic for cichlids that I have kept in the past with success, these cichlids include Apistogrammas, Rams, Angelfish and Keyhole Cichlids.

These are just some food for thought ;)

we shouldn't comment on any fish health related posts
Sure you can, but my proffesion is plagued with people handing out "well ment advice" without any real knowledge, i come across that about 10 times a day so i might be a bit oversensitive to that. I rarely comment on disease myself, just because i don't have the diagnosis needed to treat with confidence. Just giving a stab in the dark isn't realy sound advice.
Just my 2 €cts

If he wants a diagnosis he should take his fish to a vet then. Sometimes the process of elimination is all that is left to us 'lay' folk.

I called Hans wow im really surprised he picked up i mentioned DR ED he said mmm from holland M Im like fr9m the netherlands based on your profile.

Told him whats going on he said it might be too late if hes looking caved in like that.. but he said to try metrozidiole or however its spelt.. he side it might have something internal and prazi is only good for worms

Now i gatta find where they sell this metro stuff lol..

No i dont know. I had to get the Leopard to start eating these bloodworms.. took like a week or so

No i dont know. I had to get the Leopard to start eating these bloodworms.. took like a week or so

My diagnosis, he doesn't like the food you're giving him, simple, hence my earlier consultation :angelic: :D

Is it possible to get in contact with the seller, see what they were on?

I make my own recipe which contains bog standard tropical flake and they love it. Try feeding them flake alone and they rush to the top, have a go at it, spit it out and continue with what they were doing. Can't stand it.

Just like us, they know what they like and they like what they know :D

Last edited:
Ive tried 2 diff brands of flakes all the diacus ignore them completetly..

Uhg so frustrating discus can be !!!

Back