• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Really love this one.
Could I translate it?

Thank you, very kind of you to say so. Although as a scape I think it is pretty poor, as a planted tank for my rainbowfish, its not bad :). I am not sure what you mean by translate, do you mean another language? If so feel free. :)

Looks healthy enough in the pics :) can you get some closer shots too please :)
Is they huuuuuuge clumps of needle fern or just made to look that way because of shear size of the tank?

Hello, I will try to just been mad busy with work. There are a few different types of Java, but mainly Trident form.

What an amazing looking tank. And the fact you just have a couple of tanks in your cabinet including a 200 L makes me jealous. I don't think I can fit much in the cabinet under my 64L lol. I hope your plants keep recovering! :)

Thanks very much.

Have you considered removing a few of the foreground plants and adding a whit sand front?
Would make the scape look better I think, and be easier to care for.

You'd keep the mid ground and some of the foreground plants, but it would provide a bit more space and look more organized.

Have you considered removing a few of the foreground plants and adding a whit sand front?

You'd keep the mid ground and some of the foreground plants, but it would provide a bit more space and look more organized.

Hi Tom,

Yes I had considered replacing much of the base with a light coloured sand similar to my 300litre. It would be a messy change though. Just need to get around to working out how best to do undertaking this.

you must be tired of hearing this but...really awesome tank and thread!

new to aquascaping and this is really inspiration. i'm completely in awe that you have breeding tanks. think it's a really awesome thing to do. not seen it on any other journals (though i might not have been reading/looking carefully)

look forward to updates or new tanks which ever spring up next.

Well Mr Barr,

I think its going to happen. Already inserted ugly lawn edging to separate substrate and going to use La Plata sand at the front. Its got to be done with fish in situ... not looking forward to it. TGM suggested siphoning the substrate out in sections with a hose, might work with the limpopo sand underneath and tropical soil, not so sure with the ada that has creeper to the front over the last few years. Still some change would be nice.

IMG_20150502_192022-1_zpsxtjtmgp0.jpg

Not such a good photo, taken from my phone, but this is what it looked like a day after the substrate change, some sand is further back than the partition, I think it will sink over time. It has since grown on me, don't know how practical it will be long term. Surface area is still ~75% ADA Amazonia. It will look better when the plants grow up to the substrate division and spill over slightly. I think anyway. :D

Me likey very muchly :cigar:

photo saved in inspiration folder

Thanks guys, it is ok, but not really as exciting or as good as earlier scaping. I would like to do a proper rescape, but other areas of life have taken my time for some months. Still Iain I have taken a pic or two of the other tanks, dont expect too much though, they are all a bit slightly overgrown.

Another shot of the biggy from this evening:

1600_1_zpsyrtcsqtf.jpg

Lovely tank Sanj! The sand helps give it a strong impression of an overgrown shoreline or river bank. You're pushing me ever closer to going with a sand foreground.

Hi Phil, I am glad you think so, that is on the lines of what I was hoping it would look like. I would like a bit more establishment with plants breaking up the division of the substrate some more. I had thought about a major rescape with white sand being the basis, but Tom's suggestion in the end was a lot easier to integrate in terms work and ££s. It feels a bit like a beach with the forest growing up densely to its borders, many of the loach and crossocheilus species like to bask out on it. :)

Awsom tank sanj
I'm a thinking on setting up a 7ftx 20inch x 18 high

Ive noticed you are now using maxpect gyre. Are you using 2 in your tank or just one?
Would one be ok for my tank or would you recomend 2

Awsom tank sanj
I'm a thinking on setting up a 7ftx 20inch x 18 high

Ive noticed you are now using maxpect gyre. Are you using 2 in your tank or just one?
Would one be ok for my tank or would you recomend 2

Hello, I think one would be enough especially when setting up from new. I have both of mine on lowest setting and it still creates plenty of movement. I bought two because I felt the tree trunks might obstruct flow.

Just ordered my tank and the guy in the store talked me into having 7x2x2 so slightly bigger

We're did you buy your lights from. They look to be doing an awsome job, I'll read back through your thread and see what you are using

Back