• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Project DIY ADA Style Aquarium Stand

Sorry kzeller, I'm a bit confused now. Those measurements don't match your previous ones... and neither match the size of an ADA tank. Do you mean a 45-P?

I'm not being awkward but I'm a bit confused and I don't want to draw it wrong for you. Can you give me the measurements in millimeters please or shall I go with the first ones.

:crazy::)

Here you are mate, make sure you check all the measurements first!

cabinet_515x270_1.jpg

cabinet_515x270_2.jpg

Happy Christmas!

Great cabinet, I'm looking to build similar that why I've managed to crawl through the thread to here:D seeing all the work involved painting to stop ingress I'm thinking of doing an oak one again, but I feel our current stand is too distracting from the tank, that's why I'd prefer the minimal ada look for the next tank a tmc sig 45cm x45cm x 30, so not a huge build in comparison:)

James got my cabinet built. Dimensions were perfect. Had to get a metric tape at the hobby store but much more exact that inches.lol. Painted inside gray as well but I don't think it's gonna stay that way. Hopefully I'll post some pics soon. Camera is broken right now.

Hi, does anyone have the dimensions/drawing for the 900mmx450mm stand please as I cannot seem to see the image? My tank is 900mm width and 500mm depth so I would have to alter it slightly to accomodate the 50mm more in depth, thanks!

For some reason it has now reappeared so ignore my last comment! Time to get the tools out, thanks James D your drawings are extremely helpful. Also, there are some great cabinets on this thread, I highly doubt mine will look anything like all of yours.

James got my cabinet built. Dimensions were perfect. Had to get a metric tape at the hobby store but much more exact that inches.lol. Painted inside gray as well but I don't think it's gonna stay that way. Hopefully I'll post some pics soon. Camera is broken right now

:lol: Sorry mate, I can't deal with inches, all those fractions do my head in. Looking forward to seeing the stand.

Hi, does anyone have the dimensions/drawing for the 900mmx450mm stand please as I cannot seem to see the image? My tank is 900mm width and 500mm depth so I would have to alter it slightly to accomodate the 50mm more in depth, thanks!

I can't remember what sizes I've done now :rolleyes:. Did you find the right one, if not I can change one easily enough.

Cheers

James

Thanks James, that would be great help BUT only if it does not take too much of your time!

Also, do you know what the best way to level the stand if the floor is uneven as I understand the base should be resting on the floor? I was maybe thinking of 3 (2x4) pieces of timber running the full depth of the stand front to back underneath each side and middle brace. I could then shim the "feet" instead of the base.

Thansk again.

Alright Ashley, just got back from abroad so apologies for the late reply.

I've PMed you.

Hi mates

I need some help with a new cabinet I am going to build, but not for drawing the plans… it is more a matter of advice.

I will buy in the coming days a tank thatis 36x23x26 cm. I have realized that most manufacturers do not offer cabinets of that size (36x23cm) and 70 cm height. My guess is that the resulting cabinet would be unstable and the space inside very small for holding a canister filter and a 2kg Co2 cylinder (I need to have space for this equipment).

For example, ADA offers for Mini M users a 45x25x70 cm cabinet, so the tank is placed on the right side of the cabinet and there are two drillings for the tubing. I will be probably doing this, but to make it more flexible, I will drill holes in both sides (so I can place the tank on the right side and hang the lily pipes on the left, but also the opposite). I will also leave a 10 cm gap, up on the rear panel of the cabinet, for the CO2 tubing or even for filter tubing if needed. My questions are:

- does it sound reasonable? Are this drillings for the tubing functional or not?

- 16 mm MDF would be enough? I guess it should be, maybe more than enough, but if I try to go for something thinner, there is only 10 mm MDF (at least in my hardware shop)… and that sounds a bit in the limit, isn’t it?

- and a very subjective issue, the colour. White or grey? Love both, but I fear a white cabinet is going to draw the attention to the cabinet rather than to the tank… sometimes the white can “glow” more than the tank lights, but I recognize this is a problem with large cabinets. Any advice is welcome

Jordi

Today I finished painting the stand for my 60P, and thought I would share it with you. Apologies for low light and rubbish phone camera quality .

The stand was painted using Mode spray paint from Homebase. At first I was worried there would be striping in the paint, but after a second coat it came out pretty good.

Nd0n7nj.jpg

l2aN8gF.jpg

would someone be willing to help me with measurements for a diy ada stand measuring 120cm x 50cm x 90cm. mdf would be 22mm. thanks in advance

Hey brother, Thanks again for the plans for the 75P, LIFE SAVER!! I just inherited a fluval edge 12 gallon and im gonna go full ADA on it, and was gonna use your master skills to build an ADA Stand for it like the 75P, would you mind doing one more for me? The tanks footprint is 432mm X 343mm. Whenever you can bro, you're the man dude.

This is my ADA style Cabinet for my ADA 60P. I made it a tad bit wider and a little deeper for tubing and such to go in the back so I can drill some holes for my tubes.
I used 3/4 (18mm) Baltic Birch Plywood, 4 coats of Danish Oil, and 2 coats of polyurethane. I also put rubber feet on the bottom for easier leveling, as I can just add a
washer. I messed up on the euro hinges the first time so now the door opens from the left sadly, but ill get over it. Overall Im quite happy.
qouiz9s.jpg

Back