• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Temporary tanks (two become one) Finally come to an END

I love 'em...

Classic, natural look! You truly know how to do it! Well done!

Cheers,
Chris

Reactions: tim
Betta has arrived and seems to have settled in well, very handsome little fella who Mrs tim adores, this means these tanks become a more permanent fixture so to that note the shallower tank was rescaped Friday night, few reasons flow was always a bit of a pita due to the two large rocks, I've also switched the inline diffuser out for a reactor, the inline becomes clogged far to easily due to my hard tap water, and the position of the tank meant it was viewable from two sides, although it looked good from the front it looked like s*** from the right side, I've gone for an island style scape reusing all the plants from the previous scape plus some lillaeopsis nz and hygrophilia lancea in places, will try and get some pics up this evening.

Few pics as promised phone only so not great, betta tank had a reshuffle changed the wood because the thin branches had started to soften badly,
15889347796_24745902dc_c.jpg

The betta
15292890874_39210e5c27_c.jpg

He's quite a character and spends more time watching me than I do him (a lot :lol:) but appears to be camera shy
15292887914_cfd59cecf8_c.jpg

And the rescape of the shallow tank doesn't look much but should grow in well.
15292887694_493e251d2f_c.jpg

Viewable from 3 sides if I get round to making cabinets for these two tanks and move them.
15292890744_d4b522bf08_c.jpg

Cheers for looking.

Morning folks, quick update on these two, both tanks have been somewhat neglected of late due to one thing and another, the betta tank has been quite resilient could do with a bit of a substrate clean but other than that ticks along slowly
16018345737_10299cc1b3_c.jpg

The betta seems to have settled in really well, lovely little fish
15584321133_38ea106eaa_c.jpg

The rescape on the other tank completely went Pete tong, to the point I nearly took it down, worst diatoms outbreak I've ever suffered, but I've decided to persevere, reactor has gone and I've returned to an In tank diffuser which I clean with vinegar every waterchange due to blockage from hard water, water changes every two days untill it's back on track and a few ramshorn snails to help cleanup the diatoms, anyway after two weeks of regular maintenance detailed above things seem to be stabilising with noticeable growth and diatoms receding, lost quite a lot of plant mass through this so will be slow from here but patience is a virtue as they say :lol:
16204145155_b50d3ec356_c.jpg

Cheers for looking.

I love that wood in the betta tank. He looks well.
Thanks lindy, he does seem to be doing great, using ro and tap 50/50 to keep the tds around 120-150, I was lucky with the wood it's one branch I got in a box of manzi from Tom barr a couple of years ago, been used in a couple of scapes and has held up well.

Bad news on the betta front, I stupidly neglected to fit the acrylic cover to the tank after yesterday's wc and completely forgot after returning home from work late last night, found him on the floor this morning beyond saving, gutted beyond belief actually considering jacking the hobby in or at least going back to closed top tanks.

Bad news on the betta front, I stupidly neglected to fit the acrylic cover to the tank after yesterday's wc and completely forgot after returning home from work late last night, found him on the floor this morning beyond saving, gutted beyond belief actually considering jacking the hobby in or at least going back to closed top tanks.

Sorry to hear that Tim.

I was gutted when I lost my Betta.

Don't let it get you too down though. You know you would miss the hobby if you jacked it in.

Reactions: tim
Probably andy, I only seem to lose fish through my stupidity though :(

Well the way I see it you got two choices:

1. Let it get to you and quit.

2. Learn from it and carry on knowing that is one less mistake you are going to make.

As a hint, pick option 2!

Looks great! I have a lovely home bred betta boy looking for a home......:) .....for postage...
Very kind offer Lindy, I have started to put together a scape in my 90cm which will replace these two tanks, I am letting Mrs Tim make the decision as to whether we can keep one of the 40cms running To offer another betta a home, I will get back to you soon.

Back