• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
the staghorn is mainly in the driftwood...i´ve tried increasing the flow, excel treatment...nothing seems to work because it came back.
i´m thinking that maybe i need more filtration.
id agree, staghorn seems to thrive in dirtier conditions. Ive always managed to get rid of it with a combination of cleaning filters, extra water changes over several weeks, and dosing liquid carbon. The success of your tank has likely contributed to the issue as plant mass and resultant waste have increased.
Lovely looking aquascape, i love rummy noses and angelfish :D
Cheerio,
Ady.

end_of_summer_25122014.jpg

so i was bored...and did a small rescape.
I'm trying to connect both sides making the valley smaller.
Left side plants must grow a bit now to see full effect, also i have another branch to put in there but couldn't hold it yet...its floating.
Ill keep this updated.
cheers

Beautiful scape josepinto, its really developed well!

Might I ask (and sorry if its already been covered) but what bubble rate, diffusion method and lighting do you use? I am struggling with my 180L tank and it would be great to know how you keep this larger tank.

Beautiful scape josepinto, its really developed well!

Might I ask (and sorry if its already been covered) but what bubble rate, diffusion method and lighting do you use? I am struggling with my 180L tank and it would be great to know how you keep this larger tank.
Hi, no problem.
Bubble rate: 1,5 bubbles p/sec nonstop 24h
Diffusion method: external co2 reactor (Sera Co2 Reactor 500), but it broke yesterday so i had to go back to the first one that its a Viv music glass 50.
Lighting: i started for the first 2 months with 2 x 54w T5HO (1 6500K and 1 8000K)
Can you indicate where is your journal?

Last edited:
i´ve seen it.
i cant see the flow in your tank but seems ok for the description you have, also co2 seems ok and other users have mention that too so im guessing you already check that.
Light seems ok too.

I´ll speak for my experience in similar problematic situations...
sometimes its not an issue of co2/light...

Trusted people will tell you that melting problems is always a co2 related problem, but i´ve experienced that a kh<4 with high co2 injection rate also promotes melting.
why? don´t know...that happened to me when i keept all the other parameters the same, just raised the Kh from 1 to 5 and gh to 6 and i´ve seen melting stoping and fine growth.
i dont want to start a debate about this, don´t go show me 100 tanks that have good growth with low kh/gh values because i dont care, that worked for me even if it was just one coincidence, so this is just my 2 cents.
If you tried all rest you should check the kh/gh

Cheers

things going good!

Understatement of the century -- it's going amazingly well! Congratulations on such a beautiful tank jose! The look of the tank has now completely changed from the two opposite mounds to a more Dutch style, but either way it looks spectacular.

Back