• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Cute T5 Lighting

Paks

I just want to share the lighting of my 12in tank using t5 8W, its just i am happy doing this that i wanted to share it hehehe

10707930_10203909277716986_867149481_n.jpg

10934498_10203909277556982_1902358021_n.jpg

10942886_10203909277276975_1242232054_n.jpg

Last edited:
Nice and easy. Might want to fit a shade or reflector ,so that light is not shining in the room/in your eyes when admiring your tank :)

Currently looking for idea of what to shade to put in it. Thanks :D

Ill try for alternative reflector. I dont want to spend money though

Would plastic roof guttering be ok for t5 lighting?. Thinking it would stop the glare. Seen a James Starr Marshall set with what appeared guttering with t5s

Hi all,
Would plastic roof guttering be ok for t5 lighting?. Thinking it would stop the glare. Seen a James Starr Marshall set with what appeared guttering with t5s
I made all my original reflectors out of guttering painted internally with gloss white paint. They worked well for a while, but eventually the paint photo-degraded and yellowed.

cheers Darrel

thanks Darrel think I will give it a go ,seen some wide guttering at hardware store should be able to fit reflectors in. Want the light unit a bit above the tank.

Hi all,
What about sticking foil tape to inside of guttering as a reflector?
I think other people have used this, or "self-adhesive reflective Mylar film", successfully. <"I already had the high reflective gloss white paint">, I knew it was meant to be highly reflective, and it seemed an easy option.

There must be plenty of clips of gutter DIY on youtube etc.

cheers Darrel

Hi all, I made all my original reflectors out of guttering painted internally with gloss white paint. They worked well for a while, but eventually the paint photo-degraded and yellowed.

cheers Darrel
They do supposedly a non yellowing gloss either crown or dulux but have my doubts, there is a foil insulating ,like a dampproof(in rolls)what the building trade use in cavities with reflective surface.Could be cut to fit guttering, I might check it out

The one was thinking of Andy as a insulative layer in between surfaces the toolstation one you show looks far better

I've used it at work a few times its like thick baking foil with glue on the back. It does go dull over time but have no idea how long it takes. A little tip to get the backing paper off is to tear the corner and i would use the 50mm wide roll, it will be easier to apply smoothly than the wider ones

this is my idea for my reflector, cut the middle of a smallest PVC pipe and then apply a aluminum foil tape. But still looking for another way

Back