• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P - The Shimmering of Light

Ahoi Ukaps...

Finally received a Canon EOS M! I'm quite impressed with the Kit lens!

Made some rough cut backs at the scape last weekend! I think I'll give the Hydrocotyle another try... BUT I'll let the moss cover most parts on the right side.
Should give a good "natural" look.

Please forgive me the dirty Lily Pipes...

030215-Side_zps823aaa50.jpg

030215-Front_zpse553179a.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Thank you guys!

@Jordi: Well... it's actually quite hard work, even with a small 60P.
Frequent water changes, looking at the plants, adjusting the fertilizers, trimming etc. etc.... :)

Well I have to say I'm liking the look of the Aquasky Moon on your tank far more that I did in the ADA promo video and the mirror seems to be keeping light even on the back wall which is a real bonus. How's it for finger marks and the like compared to the clear one?

The mirror... well that's a different story :lol:

LOL you stop cleaning the clear acrylic stand, you start cleaning the mirror :lol:

Well I have to say I'm liking the look of the Aquasky Moon on your tank far more that I did in the ADA promo video and the mirror seems to be keeping light even on the back wall which is a real bonus. How's it for finger marks and the like compared to the clear one?

I agree with you, It looks better in this tank that in campaign's. Maybe the one in the video, was ruined by the fish, overstocked, unatural, and... a pretty bad selection IMHO. :yuck:

Ahoi UKAPS,

finally returned home today and had time for the first water change + cut back since 2 weeks.

Looks kind of nice, even without water:
16351069100_1c2b52a754_c.jpg

Rotala potpourri:
15918371233_8dc81911b8_c.jpg

And the front shot... unfortunately not my best one, but I like the reds:
15918326483_6f9ebc37e2_c.jpg

Trimmed the Glosso and moss a little bit today. Moss started to cover most parts of the right side and the Glosso is climbing all over it...
First I started to remove it, but hey! Somehow I'm loving it!

Looks kind of natural this way.

The Hydrocotyle is producing smaller leaves since the big trim. Looks better now and I'll give it another chance.

Cheers,
Chris

Hey Steve, thanks!

Well I used a cyanoacrylateadhesive (gel) to fixate the moss on the driftwood. When it's growing more dense I wrap it with fine cotton.
This combination helps to keep the moss in place!

When I see that some areas get loose, I wrap it again... this helps ;)

3 weeks should be OK, I guess! ;)
Never had luck with the DSM in combination with (Yoghurt-Water) Moss...
But I'm quite impatient hehe... :lol:

Back