• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

bubble counter blowing off needle valve

john dory

my bubble counter keeps blowing off my needle valve.
i have a up inline diffuser which,tbh i`m losing confidence with..after reading several accounts of cracks and leaks.
when i disconnect the bubble counter from the diffuser and run co2 it`s fine.
i thought the diffuser may be blocked,so i cleaned it out and reasembled,but still no good.
for the time being,i have ran a length of air line from the top of the bubble counter and attached the other end directly under the filter inlet.
i put a check valve in as near to the top of the tank as possible and the bubble counter also has a built in check valve...so the solenoid should be protected.
i`ve blanked off the old co2 tubing(still attached to the diffuser) with a valve,so fingers crossed it does`nt leak.
can anyone see a problem with what i`ve done?
it`s a bit of a bodge at the minute,but if it works i`ll tidy it all up when possible.

The brass precision bubble counter from co2art .
Needle valve came fitted on the regulator.

OK, I have the same one. If you have a metal push connection adapter between the SMC needle valve and the bubble counter, CO2art will send you a plastic one which doesn't have the problem of coming off at higher pressures.

P

The needle valve is plastic.the bubble counter pushes into the top.

The needle valve is plastic.the bubble counter pushes into the top.
Look at this image of the bubble counter 'naked'
http://www.co2art.co.uk/collections...s-bubble-counter-for-regulators-and-solenoids

There is an adapter to make it work with a push-in connector: -
http://www.co2art.co.uk/collections...e-counter-fitting-for-6mm-push-in-connector-1

Originally, CO2art supplied a metal adapter and this kept on coming off at high pressure, whereas the plastic one doesn't or shouldn't.

P

ah yes,i remember now.
co2 art sent me the metal adapter seperately,which screws into the bottom of the bubble counter.anyhow,i think iv`e fixed the problem with ptfe tape.
thanks for taking the time to help P

Back