• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New 90p

I think the rock looks out of place in your tank,, if i was you I'd take it all out and send it to me.:D brilliant job very artistic. Nice chocco too. I know it's early days but how are you getting on with the ehiem skimmer?
Thx. I used skimmer in previous scapes also and I'm very satisfied with him. Collects a lot of garbage (and some RCS :) )

Last edited:
I see, I've found this with the Hydors, sometimes the shrimp try to take them on :D

You got the brown diatoms pretty bad. Glad to see things are getting better now. I think you're on a winner with this one.

It's been a long time since my last post . A lot has happened with this scape ... The adhesive which is connected stones not withstand excessive force and the right stone is cracked at the bottom. This is caused the raising styrofoam and much of the substrate. After rearrangement the right side ( little less dramatic but more secure ) followed the attack of algae and long struggle with them and searching for the ideal ratio of fertilization and lighting (ATI Sun Power is really powerful). Finally , after almost nine months I did it and made the final photo...

20771598621_14efc8af03_h.jpg

You persistence paid off. You created a beautiful scape!

You even manged to get all the fish pointing in the same direction - I bet that took a while :watching:

Well done for persisting...I know from experience how tempting it is to tear it all down and start again, especially when things don't go as planned for so long...but then you risk loosing out on a valuable learning curve, not to mention a stunning scape;)
Does the scape still exist...if so have you thought about playing around with the planting, maybe some stems at the back to change the look? Kinda like George did here http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/iwagumi-scree-evolution-the-end.14467/

Thanks a lot guys! :)
Dantrasy - It took more than 400 photos
Troi - This scape will remain as a classic Iwagumi, but thanks for the suggestion. I was planning a new scape soon, this time with a lot of plants...

This layout could have been made by Mr. Amano. I remembered some of his works immediately.
You must be very proud to have done such a wonderful aquarium. Beautiful!!!

Pedro.

Love your work! Thank you for the documentation of early stage of your project. Got a lot of pointers on the stone arrangement.

Back