• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I have had similar problems in the past. Its probably not the shippers fault but the trans shipper, as they will probably just buy space in a container, and the trans shippers send everything to southampton for the uk by default. Looks really good though.

Foshan is about 4 hours drive away from Shenzhen (depending from what end of Shenzhen I start of....it could take 2 hours more if I start from the far west part)....but if you need something special, maybe I can look for it, show you a few pictures and send it to you (my wife is Chinese, which sometimes makes those things a whole lot easier)

Foshan is about 4 hours drive away from Shenzhen (depending from what end of Shenzhen I start of....it could take 2 hours more if I start from the far west part)....but if you need something special, maybe I can look for it, show you a few pictures and send it to you (my wife is Chinese, which sometimes makes those things a whole lot easier)

Good to know, I had thought that although it looks close on the map it probably isn't lol

So the hardscape materials that will be used so far are Manzanite wood (Tom Barr) and I am going for Dragon stone as I have a red wall behind the tank and I also want to succeed with a red plant and was thinking of volcanos and fire and going for a reddish look, maybe what mars might be like if aquatic plants took over its red surface. I dunno yet but there are lots of ideas running through my head as you can imagine with all the excitement.
I love the way Amano still uses alot of tridents and moss on his scapes so I will be using these for a cert. I want a reddish tip plant at the back such as Rotala Rotundifolia so will blending back into that. Still unsure if I want a sand path or just carpet with loose rocks and pebble sized dragon stone placed along a river like bed with crypts and hairgrass. Any ideas welcome as I want to source who I will get the plants off this week.

Exciting times...I'm a big fan of the way Amano uses epiphytes and mosses too, and how he uses carpet plants, so personally I'd go with a carpet and maybe an open area of sand.

Exciting times...I'm a big fan of the way Amano uses epiphytes and mosses too, and how he uses carpet plants, so personally I'd go with a carpet and maybe an open area of sand.

Yeah it was my plan originally but I seen a tank recently exactly like the way I wanted it to go so thought about doing something different. I'm just going to go with something more natural as you would see in the wild. Biotopes are are foremost in my mind but don't want to go that way exclusively

Ahh, didn't know that. Should have visited your "LFS" when I was there a few weeks ago. Sadly I ended up with food poisoning at the hospital.

I eventually found a proper black mat that was 120cm x 50cm, so replaced the polystyrene with it and it looks must better. If I'm gonna do it then I want to do it as right as i can.
20150214_162223_zps9wmsjwmo.jpg

Just waiting on my light to come and was have been waiting on more dragonstone to come from zooplus (both .de and .co.uk) and after a week waiting on zooplus.de, I found a refund in my paypal and then decided to order from .co.uk and after I week I had to email them and they just refunded my money aswell. I am fuming as I can't get dragonstone from anywhere here in Northern Ireland and any of our sponsors are charging too much for delivery! So I am stumped at the minute as what to do. I need more stone from what you can see. There is wood still to go in and more substrate and I had also ordered some gravel for the front and that isn't coming either.

20150214_162347_zpsgbyofllq.jpg
20150214_165624_zpsdsgresty.jpg

I've been playing around with the hardscape over the past couple of days and I think I am getting to something that I am happy with. I am trying to picture it with the plants grown in and what the critters might think of it considering all the nooks and crannys they will have to explore and find food like they would in their natural environment. I haven't started taking the pics with the dslr yet as I still don't have the light yet but hopefully it will be here tomorrow with the plants and things can start with more momentum. Have a look and tell me what you think so far.

20150224_215405_zpsr8jp8dac.jpg

20150224_215443_zps3anncqku.jpg

20150224_215354_zps4whns0gj.jpg

So its been a month or more waiting on my light and plants so have had plenty of time to lay out the hardscape and this is my final scape. I just hope the wood doesn't float after been out of the water for a month as I had it soaking before hand and wasn't expecting the delay in getting the light etc. I have it under the substrate so it should be be ok but will have rocks at hand in case when I flood it. Tell me what you think and I still have time to change bits and pieces :)
I couldn't resist making a path as it needed it although it left less room for carpet area.

First pics taken with dslr but need proper lens for it

IMG_0741_zps8hhpjrmc.jpg

IMG_0742_zpsy5h6vahz.jpg

IMG_0743_zpsbnuvhloh.jpg

IMG_0744_zpscfk9wbq6.jpg

Back