• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Forest Temptations

Alex, I've asked about Ceratopteris thalictroides. Thanks for the pointing the name of the plant. I remember I had it in the past. It grows very big. What is your plan to keep it under control? Trimming-trimming-trimming? But how exactly? I'd like to know the secret :) if you don't mind.

Another view of the tank :

FT_50_900_rszt15012e7131.jpg

After 3 months :

FT_52_24012015_evolution_900_rszt150128194.jpg

This is at the end of January and no, the setup wasn't neglected.
I just wanted to see all the plants grow well before i start doing some serious trimming. :D

FT_51_24012015_900_rszt150134db8.jpg

Shrimps enjoying some Dennerle food :

FT_49_900_rszt15012e4dcf.jpg

A shrimplet, wandering into the woods :

FT_45_900_rszt15012dfd93.jpg

And here is the new regulator plus a splitter so from now one both setups, Trees of desire and Forest Temptations, will have CO2 injected :

regulator_co2art_900_rszt150127a0b6.jpg

regulatorplussplitter_co2art_900_rszt150121cd4b.jpg

To be continued...

Last edited:
Hi Alex! Can I suggest you something ?

If you plant more stem plants in the back middle part to reduce the amplitude of the road, just at the back, you'll increase the perspective and your tank will look much deeper and beautiful. If you plant a narrow leaf plant like rotala walichii, the efect es even more powerful !!

Last but not least, some fish like reed tetras or green neons will look fantastic there!!

Looking effortless as usual Alex! I've never managed to grow nice Crypt wendtii in a tank this size, always grow too big and the smaller growth doesn't look nice. Would be watching yours with interest!

Surrounded
FT_43_900_rszt15012e367a.jpg

Thank you all for the comments. :D

Robert, i'm working on that depth, hope to nail it. :D
Good idea with the plant choice, will keep that in mind.

flygja, i'm not sure what kind of Crypt it is. I also had it in the previous setup, The Good Side, and it also grew like this. Hopefully it'll stay small. :D

Blue Ramshorn snail, i just love these guys :

FT_81_900_rszt1503294c3d.jpg

Also, if you guys want to help me with a vote, i just signed this setup into a contest at AquaScaping Aquagoin : http://aquagoin.com/contest#153
Thanks !

Last edited:
Back